• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Design Other Design Programs

S

StuffandThings85

Do any of you guys regularly use other game design programs? I've been messing around with Unreal Engine 4 for a few weeks, so I really don't know too much about it yet. It's a bit overwhelming when coming from GM.

I might check out Unity and Source at some point, but for now I'll be focusing on GM because I'm familiar with it, and UE4 because I will be using that when I start classes.

M

McWolke

i had to use Greenfoot (I guess noone knows it) for a school project, it's basicly Java with an IDE for Game Creation. I Programmed a Bomberman Game with it, but i don't think it's a good idea to make a bigger Game with it.
Also i had to make a Game with Inform 7 for school, but that's only for text adventures and it's really annoying to code.
I guess that's not the kind of "Design Program" you wanted to see though :D

Vxss57

I have spent couple of years with unity, and its so user friendly it accepts almost any kind of file, biggest downfall i find is its terrain editor. Its very basic unlike say cryengine. Cryengine comes with alot of free environment assets not to mention awesome looking water effects already built in