1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Design Other Design Programs

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by StuffandThings85, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Do any of you guys regularly use other game design programs? I've been messing around with Unreal Engine 4 for a few weeks, so I really don't know too much about it yet. It's a bit overwhelming when coming from GM.

I might check out Unity and Source at some point, but for now I'll be focusing on GM because I'm familiar with it, and UE4 because I will be using that when I start classes.

2. McWolke

McWolke Guest

i had to use Greenfoot (I guess noone knows it) for a school project, it's basicly Java with an IDE for Game Creation. I Programmed a Bomberman Game with it, but i don't think it's a good idea to make a bigger Game with it.
    Also i had to make a Game with Inform 7 for school, but that's only for text adventures and it's really annoying to code.
    I guess that's not the kind of "Design Program" you wanted to see though :D

3. Vxss57

Vxss57 Member

I have spent couple of years with unity, and its so user friendly it accepts almost any kind of file, biggest downfall i find is its terrain editor. Its very basic unlike say cryengine. Cryengine comes with alot of free environment assets not to mention awesome looking water effects already built in