• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX OSX Export Window Doesn't Appear

C

crait

Whenever I build my game on OSX from Windows, it runs fine on my Mac. I open the Xcode project, sign it with my provisioning profile, then try to build/test the app. It works just fine. I navigate to the app and run it outside of Xcode and it still works.

I send it to a friend to test on his machine, and the menu bar appears without a window showing the game. If he views the contents of the app and runs the binary, it runs just fine through terminal.

I'm not sure how he got this debug info (he's much smarter than me), but I think this will give a hint as to why my game won't launch properly.

Any idea what I could change in Xcode or GameMaker to make sure the OSX build goes through properly?

C

crait

This seemed to be the issue: Putting the .app bundle into a .ZIP actually messes it up some how due to the compression. The 'proper' way to transfer it to a friend is to put it into a .DMG, which can be easily made on any Mac.