oss! (rhythm game / osu! map reader)

Z

-Zicko-Hax

Hi,
sorry for my english
If you aren't familiar with a game called osu!, it's a rhythm game. You see objects (circles / sliders (circle with a path)) and you have to click or press a key at the right time.
The game i made can read (not all) osu beatmaps. I also made an editor to create my own "oss" beatmaps, but you cannot access to it in this version.
The project is currently abandoned, i just wanted to share it with you guys and know your thoughts about the game, how good or bad the fps is etc...(the fps is really bad for me).
Work on a project for 8 months+ and don't release even an alpha it's....you know x)
I may continue to work on it later or completely rewrite the game in an other language.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ecesxqtkz6dtcxd/Oss!.rar (96.86m)

Full screen: Arrow down
Exit map: Enter
Key press 1: A
Key Press 2: Z
Exit option: Escape

Main Menu

Song Select

Playing

Last edited by a moderator:

KurtBlissZ

The game looks great, but when I played it I had no idea what was going on. Then I decided to play the game on my laptop so I can use the touch screen and I kept getting this error. My desktop played it fine, as soon I went to start a game on my laptop though I got the error. I'm guessing it's because my laptop is running Windows 10 on 32bit, where my desktop is running windows 10 on 64bit and I'm thinking you might be running a 64bit extension.

Here's the error
of Step Event0
for object oParsingOsuBeatmap:

DoAdd :: Execution Error
at gml_Object_oParsingOsuBeatmap_Step_0
############################################################################################

The game overall looks really good, but again I didn't know what was going on. When those things popped up nothing seemed to happen, and the buttons that pop up would appear on top of the menu. So when I went to click on them, I would change the song.

So what anime music is on this? I didn't recognize any of it from what little I played. Also is there's controller support? I'm asking because there's a picture of a controller.

Z

-Zicko-Hax

The game looks great, but when I played it I had no idea what was going on. Then I decided to play the game on my laptop so I can use the touch screen and I kept getting this error. My desktop played it fine, as soon I went to start a game on my laptop though I got the error. I'm guessing it's because my laptop is running Windows 10 on 32bit, where my desktop is running windows 10 on 64bit and I'm thinking you might be running a 64bit extension.

Here's the error
of Step Event0
for object oParsingOsuBeatmap:

DoAdd :: Execution Error
at gml_Object_oParsingOsuBeatmap_Step_0
############################################################################################

The game overall looks really good, but again I didn't know what was going on. When those things popped up nothing seemed to happen, and the buttons that pop up would appear on top of the menu. So when I went to click on them, I would change the song.

So what anime music is on this? I didn't recognize any of it from what little I played. Also is there's controller support? I'm asking because there's a picture of a controller.
Yes i think the game is using a 64bit extension (GMFileSystem).
osu! has a lot of song (anime, pop, electronic), i just pick up some of them and put it to the "osuSong" Directory. No there is no controller support yet, you just have a cursor and you have to click on the objects you see at the right time. It just doing this automatically on the game and you can't die.
Thanks for the feedback!

So I'm not see what the point in this is. To me it just looks like you copied Osu but worse.
The idea was to create an osu engine and see how the game is running, then add new things that osu! didn't have (new objects, new mods) and i create oss!.
Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by a moderator: