Alpha Origin Isle

B

Blazaga

1.png 2.png
------
# Plot
------
You protect the civilians in this 2.5D RPG Survival.
There are 3 levels, 6 different enemies, and different 30 items.

-----
# Info
-----
Made in 6 months for a Game Design School Project.
Thinking about adding RTS and Sim-like elements.

May I have some feedback for the current status?

Also, anyone interested in helping me with artstyle, audio, and programming in a more 3D manner please email me [email protected]

-------
# Keyboard keys are as follows
-------
WASD -Movement
QE -Rotate Camera

JKL; -Actions ABXY

J -Select

I -Inventory

Escape -Game Reset

-------
# DOWNLOAD
-------
Download the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pelican

I'm really liking the graphics style, reminds me of Paper Mario with the 2d sprites and 3d backgrounds. I'd love to see where you take that style. <3

I gave it a go, I struggled a bit with starting the main menu, since i was trying to press the Select button (H), when actually you have to press J. So many some clarification on the controls before that screen would help.

Really loved the inclusion of a buy and sell tutorial at the start, it was pretty helpful and got you to know the controls pretty well. :)

For the dialogue, perhaps a textbox system would be more effective? The black screens seemed a bit detracting from the game, though perhaps that was how you wanted to show the text?

Controls were good, movement was fluid, and enemies were pretty varied. I really liked the villagers being able to attack too.

My only other gripe would be that the size of the window was pretty annoying for the laptop I use, so a fullscreen feature might be good. But all in all, I think this game is really promising, and it'll be great to see where you go from here. :D

Fern

Not to sound like a cutting edge fanatic, but I don't know how I feel about the 100x100 resolution you got going on there. I am judging this resolution by your screenshots.

B

Blazaga

I'm really liking the graphics style, reminds me of Paper Mario with the 2d sprites and 3d backgrounds. I'd love to see where you take that style. <3
I personally love the style, but I feel like something is missing. Maybe better animations than just a single image and a silhouette.

I gave it a go, I struggled a bit with starting the main menu, since i was trying to press the Select button (H), when actually you have to press J. So many some clarification on the controls before that screen would help.
I'll throw in a 'helpful hints' on the main menu. :)

Really loved the inclusion of a buy and sell tutorial at the start, it was pretty helpful and got you to know the controls pretty well. :)
Wasn't intended, but thank you.

For the dialogue, perhaps a textbox system would be more effective? The black screens seemed a bit detracting from the game, though perhaps that was how you wanted to show the text?
The dialog was thrown in the game almost last minute to show how cut-screens would work, and were just fluff that 'kinda' added a story (since there really isn't one right now)

Controls were good, movement was fluid, and enemies were pretty varied. I really liked the villagers being able to attack too.

My only other gripe would be that the size of the window was pretty annoying for the laptop I use, so a fullscreen feature might be good. But all in all, I think this game is really promising, and it'll be great to see where you go from here. :D
The window size is there because I hadn't finished learning about surfaces yet, so they were a pain. I should also note somewhere that the concept was made in GM7, then redone for GMS. Many thanks for the honest review.