• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux Opening installer on ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fred330

Hey guys, so I have a chromebook with ubuntu trusty 14.04 installed, and I intend to install GMS free version. Ive installed the correct version of the website, and Ive set the file, which says that its an installer, as exucatble but I dont seem to have an application that can open it correctly. Ive also installed every file which GMS says is neccesary. Any ideas what application I need?​

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fred330

I have no other problems, and this seems to be the only thing stopping me (Not trying to bump or anything dw)

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NPT

Studio does not run on Linux. The Windows version can create Linux games, provided you have the Linux export. The Linux export is not available with the free vesion.

I have no other problems, and this seems to be the only thing stopping me
Don't bump.

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
Do you have a good understanding of linux?
What you would need is a wine and a lot of praying.
Even if you get a WINDOWS program running under wine, it will still be very fragile an unstable.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Studio does not run on Linux. The Windows version can create Linux games, provided you have the Linux export. The Linux export is not available with the free vesion.
That about sums up the official stance on things. GMS runs on WIndows only (although it can compile projects to Linux) and we offer no support for non-standard installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.