• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Open World (8bit-ish) RPG

T

Type Ace

Hello everybody!
I started making an RPG 5 days ago and I'd like to hear your thoughts.
I've made many simple and short games in the past and I decided to start something a bit bigger, an open world RPG.

Here are some screenshots:
aaa.png 1.png 2.png 4.png 4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Meowanator

This game looks like it could be really fun and cool! The art style is cool and there is a lot of potential here. Will there be a demo soon? It looks great, aside from a couple of things. I think that there are too many values on the left of the screen. You could make a pause screen with the info. Also, you can remove the fps and make the cool down and exp into a bar either above or below the player to make it less cluttered.

T

Type Ace

This game looks like it could be really fun and cool! The art style is cool and there is a lot of potential here. Will there be a demo soon? It looks great, aside from a couple of things. I think that there are too many values on the left of the screen. You could make a pause screen with the info. Also, you can remove the fps and make the cool down and exp into a bar either above or below the player to make it less cluttered.
Hey there! I'm glad to hear something nice in this early stage of the game! :) You are right, all of these values can be frustrating but this is the "debug mode" so as I can see what's going on at any time (If you press "B" all of these values dissapear). Of course, HP, Cooldown ect will be graphicaly replaced so as to fit the future Interface.
Very soon I'll upload an .exe DEMO or an HTML so anybody can play-test it.

D

DirectShift

Very very nice! is that a minimap? It looks really cool.

Hoping to play demo too!

T

Type Ace

Very very nice! is that a minimap? It looks really cool.

Hoping to play demo too!
Thank you! :D
No, this is not a map, it's the whole room (world) zomed out and it going to be much bigger with much more areas.
Althogh, There will be an obtainable map in the game which will be a minified "view" of the world room.
Demo coming soon.

Here, this is another screenshot of a desert island:
aaa.png

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GilM

This looks fairly cute, and fun. It'd be nice to play a demo whenever you have it :).