Team Request [OPEN] [REV SHARE] [Pixel Artist/SFX Designer] Old Lands: Winrinthia 2D, Action, RTS, Open World

Greetings,

>I'm looking for an Artist to help me on a Medieval Aged, side-scroller, Kingdom-like, RTS-Action project thats live for more than 3 years with breaks due to life.
>I'm looking for a SFX Designer to make Medieval Age sounds for stuff like "Hitting a tree with axe", "Charging a bow", "Hitting a rock with pickaxe", "Blacksmithing".

I draw most of the buildings but I need an animator/artist to draw creatures and people as I'm bad at drawing living things or nature stuff. Also the game's view resolution is 480x270 so you'll be drawing in a 16x16 canvas for characters.
As I mention below, I expect you to be working on this project slowly and not with deadlines. So you are meant to be sending some stuff anytime you want.
If you are worried about the content you'll be sending to me, you have the rights for them until you get fully paid with the way its mentioned below. But your name will always be in the Credits and will be mentioned everywhere.

[!] NOTE: This project is built slowly and this slowness will last for ~5 months so no hurries for anyone including me due to real life. The work will go with any of the participants like this:
1) The request (Art, SFX) with no deadline until 5 months.
2) Product is arrived to the Developer.
3) Product is put in the game with no deadline and shown with a GIF and maybe a Video.
[4] Your total Service Cost is determined by a talk with the Developer in a private chat and Paid with game sales. Meaning that you may not get paid enough if the game doesn't sell enough.

->Check the Work In Progress Page for updates and more visuals

If you want a detailed description:
-Gather & Manage resources (There are 4 resources (Wood, Stone, Gold and Food))
-Get/Craft better equipment for your character
-Learn new skills [maybe implemented later on]
-Progress through an Open World to fight and settle camps to gather resources and get new technologies
-Expand your settlement
-Order your workers to build stuff
-Upgrade buildings
-Progress through a Tech Tree
-Build Walls that are currently the only object to block enemys' path
-Train Spearmans, Archers, Crossbowmans, Knights, Scorpions, Catapults, Trebuchets..
-Siege enemy camps/villages/castles
-Build Ships to get past the enemy walls and Fishing Boats to gather Food
There will be an "inspired by Kingdom: Classic" everywhere its needed to show respect to the Rawfury

If you are interested: Turkish Coffee#2985 [Discord]
Join Old Lands of Winrinthia's Discord: https://discord.gg/NTWqZFe [Not Active yet]
Images
1d.png
1586283491722.png
sArcherStore_1.png
sArcherStore_2.png

Last edited:
Archer Tower Tier 1
sArcherTower1_0.png
Archer Tower Tier 2
(I know it seems odd, I had passion while drawing though :p/But it will change)
sArcherTower1_1.png
Archer Tower Tier 3
sArcherTower1_3.png

Bingdom

Googledom
I have that game you mentioned in the first post. :D

My main concern about your game is how similar these buildings look and the plan you have about the gameplay. It's too similar to Kingdoms: Classic.
People who have played that game would easily notice this. If you want your game to do well, you need to be original. :)

(I may be wrong on this, not experienced enough to tell) Another potential problem you may have - it's quite difficult to find pixel artists with a similar art style. So their art may not match well with the buildings you have created. It's better to have artists split up to do very different things.
E.g. One does the background, the other does the GUI and the third artist can work on the gameplay art.

Good luck with your project! :)

I have that game you mentioned in the first post. :D

My main concern about your game is how similar these buildings look and the plan you have about the gameplay. It's too similar to Kingdoms: Classic.
People who have played that game would easily notice this. If you want your game to do well, you need to be original. :)

(I may be wrong on this, not experienced enough to tell) Another potential problem you may have - it's quite difficult to find pixel artists with a similar art style. So their art may not match well with the buildings you have created. It's better to have artists split up to do very different things.
E.g. One does the background, the other does the GUI and the third artist can work on the gameplay art.

Good luck with your project! :)
Thanks for the reply,

I'm not looking for the exact drawing style, If an Artist would want to re-design all the game, I'd want too. Because I'm not an Artist, I just draw for passion.

Other than that, I'm not going to de-moralize myself about the game's success chance. I'd just say myself I'm capable of making this game anyways. Also I've talked with the Rawfury about this project and they said that they were so happy to hear that the Kingdom made a strong impact on me. Also I'm going to put the Kingdom: Classic's name in my game and call inspired by it. Even in the trailer and the published page.

I have some other mechanics that don't exist in Kingdom: Classic such as Resource Types -where Kingdom had only coins- Mines, Ability to tell your units to go where and get up on the tower or not. Maybe the main character will be able to fight too and improve its weapons.

About being original, for example RTS games. They are most likely the same. They all have one main building on the start and they all have the same mechanic where you collect resources and expand. They all have armies, ships. And we call them RTS. If Kingdom had a such game type, then my game wouldn't seem that much "not-original", right?

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
About being original, for example RTS games. They are most likely the same. They all have one main building on the start and they all have the same mechanic where you collect resources and expand. They all have armies, ships. And we call them RTS. If Kingdom had a such game type, then my game wouldn't seem that much "not-original", right?
I was more speaking in terms of graphics. It's too similar. It looks like you repainted over the original artwork or traced it.
I guess when I initially read your ideas, I must've thought that some of the similar mechanics you mentioned, you would do it similar to the way Kingdom: Classic did it. :p

Last edited:
I guess when I initially read your ideas, I must've thought that some of the similar mechanics you mentioned, you would replicate the way Kingdom: Classic did it. :p
I couldn't understand this sentence exactly, what do you mean by replicating the way Kingdom did it?

Bingdom

Googledom
I couldn't understand this sentence exactly, what do you mean by replicating the way Kingdom did it?
Some of your ideas seem like you've just copied from KC.
"Blood moon" is not common in RTS games (as far as I know)
"Repairing/Activating statues" Normally you research boosters in RTS games.

Maybe call blood moon something else, or make it a different event entirely, or have more events to add challenge?
Maybe change the way you get boosters compared to KC?

Last edited:
Some of your ideas seem like you've just copied from KC.
"Blood moon" is not common in RTS games (as far as I know)
"Repairing/Activating statues" Normally you research boosters in RTS games.

Maybe call blood moon something else, or make it a different event entirely, or have more events to add challenge?
Maybe change the way you get boosters compared to KC?
"-Vagrants to hire them to join your Kingdom and even get a special power/boost from some of them's existing in your Kingdom" that doesn't exist in KC for example. But thanks for the reply. I might make something like Purple moon maybe. I'll figure it out later.

F

frozenwisp

I have to agree with Bingdom in what they have said so far. I would highly suggest starting the demo on your own and see if you can find away to create your ("OWN") game besides the development process will have you changing a lot about your game. If you can show a product then you can create interest and other developers will look to you. As for now, you look like a young developer with no portfolio and nothing more than a few unanimated mediocre sprites. Also when I say young I don't mean in physical years lived on this earth I mean in the experience of game development.

I have to agree with Bingdom in what they have said so far. I would highly suggest starting the demo on your own and see if you can find away to create your ("OWN") game besides the development process will have you changing a lot about your game. If you can show a product then you can create interest and other developers will look to you. As for now, you look like a young developer with no portfolio and nothing more than a few unanimated mediocre sprites. Also when I say young I don't mean in physical years lived on this earth I mean in the experience of game development.
What do you mean with "starting the demo on your own" ?

F

frozenwisp

What do you mean with "starting the demo on your own" ?
I mean start creating the game don't rely on other devs to come and help you. if you create a demo other devs will look to your project and join you they need a sample of your work. I ready don't know how to break that down anymore.

I mean start creating the game don't rely on other devs to come and help you. if you create a demo other devs will look to your project and join you they need a sample of your work. I ready don't know how to break that down anymore.
I've thought that you were saying that but I just wanted to be sure. I already have started developing the game and I don't need anyone else to finish it. But if theres an Artist to make the game look better, thats the thing I'm looking for. Its not a indispensable thing, but a plus.

Before I post a demo, I need to polish some AI work. Thats basicly why I don't put a demo down there. Also, you know we are living on the Earth, so we have other things to do that blocks some other things.

F

frozenwisp

Then you should have waited until you finished the demo to make this post that way this post would have been way more effective

can i see the finish product of that game
It was put to a corner due to my lack of programming knowledge 8 months ago but I had a showable thing laid at these times.

Link: Google Drive
Controls: -with 8 directional movement-
"S" is the middle of the movement keys
"H" is the middle of the attacking keys
"F" & "V" are the skills.
"F" Skill is the ultimate one.
"R" to restart the game to try other characters.
The Sorcerer -red mage- was buggy on that demo but I think the "V" skill of him was working.

EDIT: The most of the artists had left the project while we were working on it without saying anything. Most of them was not serious. They just said they wanted to collab at first but they never did.

why not present your portfolio of work then?
Before all, can you tell me if you've played the demo or not

I went to a holiday the next day I've had posted this post and couldn't really post more things about this project. I was mentally tired at those times. I'm still tired though. I've some other things that I can show but I need to record a video for them or even post a demo but the thing is theres an AI that I must finish before I post a demo. Because that AI is the key thing in the game. Its just a builder but not just a builder. That builder takes hammer from a workshop and then turns to a builder... But its not just that simple that the words present.

G

Guest User

I'm interested, and unlike some jokers, I'm willing to work for free.

Last edited by a moderator: