• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Open project in different drive

2Dcube

I'm using Google Drive and it's a different partition on my PC (G:/ as opposed to C:/)
I'd like to load projects from there with Game Maker installed on the C drive.
However GM hangs at the start of loading a project from the G drive and basically freezes my PC.
GMS2 v2.2.2.413 on Windows 7.

Is this something that is not supposed to work or a problem with my pc?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox and other similar "automatic sync" applications are known to conflict with GMS 2 over file access. Store only backups there and keep a separate working copy.

I

immortalx

I've made a script that compresses and makes a back-up of the local project to a dropbox specific folder. If you think something like that will suit you, just tell me and I'll try to clean it up a bit and post it here when I have time. The problem is that it requires a specific naming scheme. Basically it searches a master project folder for folders named <project name>01, <project name>02, etc and then takes the one with the greatest suffix and uploads it. If you think you can modify it yourself (it's written in vbs), I could send it to you.

2Dcube

Thanks for the replies. I've had no problems with OneDrive before, but I'll start using a local folder to be sure!

@immortalx, that script sounds interesting but I'll do it manually for now, maybe I'll ask you once I get sick of that..