• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Open Included File Externally

tetris_mess

I have included a .csv file and I want to open it externally. I right-click on the file and then left-click on open externally. The following is output to the console:

Error Opening ExternallyNo application is associated with the specified file for this operation

Does anyone know how I could associate a program with a file here?

You don't have a default csv editor set in Windows itself. If you rename the file to a .txt it will automatically open something (probably notepad). Download a csv editor (LibreOffice or OpenOffice are free software suites that include a program that can open csv's), install it and then retry opening the file. If it doesn't work then, manually navigate to the folder containing the csv file and open it from within explorer. Then when prompted as to which program to open the file with, choose the Spreadsheet program of whatever suite you downloaded. From that point on you should be able to open it from within GMS2 by right clicking and choosing Open Externally.

tetris_mess

Oh...yeah. That makes sense. It just opens whatever application the file defaults to. I just set windows to open it the .csv with a text editor and it works. Thanks for the help.