• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Open file with another app

S

sjmcandrew

Hi,
I've been trying without luck to create an extension to simply open up a file at a specified location (I have the location working fine) with an app of the users choosing (or the default app if they've already specified it) - is there anyone that can help with this as extensions have really stumped me with how to get it to work.

I can see there is code here: http://www.androidsnippets.com/open-any-type-of-file-with-default-intent.html however I am really unsure how to implement this into an extension.
Thanks!

S

sjmcandrew

I've actually watched this playlist and it helped a great deal - I tried to implent the new code but I just don't understand it enough to implemenet. I can create the basics like adding two numbers etc but for whatever reason I couldn't get this one working. Absolutely love the series though, helped so much! They're awesome!