• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Open an indie studio/company in UK (near Dundee)

funkygallo

ok boys,
the idea is to open a indie studio/company in UK, due my friends and partner lives here, because there are more opportunity (visibility/funds/partnership) than in Italy.

So has anyone recently opened a studio/company and can direct me or give advice?

Thanks

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
There's an interesting article here about a couple of guys and their experiences (and advice).

Beyond that, does physical location matter much? Other than point-of-sale VAT tax? For indie and small startups, seems like most things can be done through virtual communications among employees, and website / facebook / twitter presence for sales and marketing.

Not discouraging you from moving to the Dundee area. I suppose some people would gladly give up Italy's Mediterranean climate for the North Sea.

funkygallo

oh no I'm not moving to Dundee area, to be honest I like to stay in italy due to food, climate, friends and so on.

Just thinking to open the studio in UK for more opportunity (visibility/funds/partnership), so legal stuff/PR will be in UK but development here in Milano :)

Thanks for the link just watching