• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Online manual && Asset Browser

Hulle

Just small quality of life questions after 2.3 upgrade: Stuff I can't fix or find answers to:

The manual:
* Can I choose to load it GameMaker in a tab, instead of in a browser. Liked the "in G:S tab" better. It was quicker loading and had a better workflow for me.

Asset Browser:
* Where can i remove the white circles placed next to all my assets?
* I don't seem to be able to pick an item from the asset browser, move it to the top/buttom, and slide it in the list. The Asset Browser is locked to it's current window. I need to release the asset, slide the Asset Browser window, and then move the asset again. That, or close all groups before i move an asset. Is there a "tick to slide in Asset Browser" I can't find?

Thank you :)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There is no option to have the manual open within the IDE anymore. The changes to the manual and internal changes to the way GMS generates the IDE means that this is no longer possible.

for the asset browser, you can't remove the white circles, and for reordering assets you need to select the "Custom Order" filter option: https://manual.yoyogames.com/#t=Introduction/The_Asset_Browser.htm (unless I'm misunderstanding the issue)

Hulle

Thanks Nocturne
Shame about the manual and the white circles, but I will get used to it.
I allready have "Custom" as default sort order in the Asset Browser. I can move the assets around, but when I reach the top of the current view of the Asset Browser, in 2.3, I can no longer "slide" object further up the view, while the Asset Browser slides with.
I have to let go of the asset, move the view of the Asset Browser, and then move the asset again. (Hope my description makes sense) :)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Ah! Okay, I understand... the asset browser should scroll up/down automatically and if it's not then I'd say that it's a bug and you should file it with YYG. I'd also maybe file a separate one for the ability to toggle the white circles on/off, as I can see why people wouldn't want them...

JeffJ

I have a question about the asset browser. When creating a new resource, I now have two options:

1: Right click the folder where I want it and click "Create", like I've always done - but now I need to track down the right resource in the popout menu.
2: Use the "quick create" menu, but this creates the resource in the root, and I have to manually drag it into its correct folder.

Both of which adds another step that I didn't need to do before, which actually does add up to a shoddier workflow throughout the day. How do I circumvent this and just create the resource I want in the folder I want from the get go?

I looked in the Asset Browser preferences to see if I can make a default folder for each type of resource, but it doesn't seem like I can (even if I could, it still wouldn't solve the problem when it comes to subfolders)