• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Online Levels System

Alpha29

Hello, I just made a level editor for my game, and I will like to make that you can send a level in my server and other player can download it and play it (the server that I use is 000webhost) Can someone please help me how to make something like that? Thanks.

curato

It is just a matter of having the data that represent you level in a format to save. Other than that it is a matter of having a server database to store then levels so that they can be retrieved by everyone. At its most basic case it isn't a significantly different concept to some of the online high score tutorials. To bring it up to a professional level there would be a number of things you would need to consider.