GMS 2 Online Highscores

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Appsurd, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Appsurd

Appsurd Member

First of all, a happy new year to you all! The GMS2 version is probably going to take a while, since I have been really busying doing stuff for myself.

You're welcome! Awesome, didn't expect anyone to read all of them :p

In general, you should apply one rule:
    NEVER save people's email adresses, home locations, bank account, etc. until you consider it to be ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
    If you apply this rule, you will be safe in general, because the GDPR is about personal data, and someone's highscore or username is not part of it. I would even argue that you apply this rule without having to stick to the GDPR, because you are keeping someone else's property which you also need to protect. Finally, just as @chamaeleon said, please open another topic if you would like to hear other people's opinion about GDPR compliance. My tutorial is at least perfectly safe to use (in my opinion).

2. Appsurd

Appsurd Member

Changes:

Minor update V1.1.8:
    - Thanks to a user, added a clearification about using a VPN while creating your Altervista account

3. Energy Engine

Energy Engine Member

This looks like an amazing tool and with a comprehensive tutorial to boot. I'll definitely be looking into implementing something like this soon. Thanks!

Appsurd likes this.