OFFICIAL Ongoing Online Service Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Some of our users are experiencing difficulties with accessing our services at present. We are currently aware of a Denial of Service style attack that is causing sporadic problems across our online services. Please rest assured that this isn’t a security breach and all personal data remains secure. We are doing all that we can to ensure normal service resumes as quickly as possible.

T

Thuong Nguyen

Hopefully the latest information will always be updated so that all personal information is guaranteed

A

Arlo Heskett

I think you should be able to access Game Maker without internet. Server issues, being able to use it on a laptop while travelling and personal wifi issues would be preventable. I understand you have to log in (which needs internet) to prevent piracy and use without owning the software but surely there must be a way to solve both. Maybe a system where you need to log in the first time you use it so ensure you own it and then it would check you own it every time you DO have internet to ensure you actually own Game Maker. Hopefully something like this is introduced in the future but I understand if it is impossible :)

Maybe a system where you need to log in the first time you use it so ensure you own it and then it would check you own it every time you DO have internet to ensure you actually own Game Maker. Hopefully something like this is introduced in the future but I understand if it is impossible
I'm with you on that, although the IDE is only supposed to check once a month to confirm ownership I think. But I guess the problem this time around is the mandatory GMS2 update that required logging in happened to coincide with the Denial of Service attack that prevented some people being able to. I think the main problem has been that the Marketplace has been inaccessible.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Our Accounts service is currently getting a server upgrade so you may experience some odd login behavior - this shouldn't last long and we will let you know when it is complete. Thanks.

Dan1

This is still happening at the moment - it seems one minute I could get in and the next I couldn't - any ideas on if this is still ongoing or any ETA for fixes?

Dan1

Just to add to this point, it seems to be, for me, the main issue is when I log in. The pages will load normally until I find something I want to download and log in to download it - as soon as I log in, it doesn't load the page :(

J

Jasur

Just to add to this point, it seems to be, for me, the main issue is when I log in. The pages will load normally until I find something I want to download and log in to download it - as soon as I log in, it doesn't load the page :(
I have same problem =(

cgPixel

Its really frustrating, the last message from YoYo Games is from April 11th.
I can't use the marketplace for anything right now.

TheSpydog

Look at the address bar once you've logged in. For some reason it looks like it's trying to load two URLS smooshed together. For example:
Code:
https://marketplace.yoyogames.comhttps//accounts.yoyogames.com/assets/5613/animated-coastline/purchase
Just try logging in to the main website (not during the marketplace purchasing process) and then, once you're logged in, purchase or download an item. That works for me.

EDIT: I also just submitted a bug report, so this issue should be on YYG's radar soon.

Last edited:

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
We've done an update to our Marketplace as we identified the cause of a few account specific issues. If you are still having issues accessing the Marketplace, please let us know. We hope this is the start of everything being back to normal. Thanks.

A

Axyl

Reporting still doesn't work. But people have been complaining about that for two years now.

Y

Yotzer

me too now.
do I need to do something or wait?
btw I totally love the service support.
fast solve very friendly ppl :)

G

GMMG

Marketplace dosen't work.
I get the messages:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.
Please wait a few moments and try again.
If this problem persists, contact the helpdesk."

Status
Not open for further replies.