• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android One More Run

J0nesp

Hi,

As a side project and to learn secrets of platformers, i have been working on speed runner / platformer called One More Run.
Here's what i wrote to Google Play about it:

Go fast!
One More Run is fast paced speed runner platformer, with simple 2 simple controls; jump and turn.
Be prepared for challenging levels, with twists, turn and jump that will test your reaction times to the limits!
Difficulty will rise as you proceed and unlock more levels by collecting coins and hitting those par times. Getting through level can be easy, but do you have what it takes to nail those 3 starts on all levels?

Easy to play but hard to master. Run, jump, change gravity, speed boosts, movable obstacles, enemies and much, much more!

Keep and eye on updates. More levels with even more challenges coming soon..
Idea is quite simple; complete levels by collecting all coins in required time to unlock more levels.
Passing levels can be easy, but can you get 3 star rating on all of them?
Controls are simple too; tap left side of screen to jump, tap right side of screen to turn. Player moves forward automatically so your task is to avoid obstacles and get all coins which may require some sharp reaction times.

As this has been kind of side project, i'm a bit sad i haven't got more time to work with this but once situation get's a bit easier with personal and work life, i will keep on pushing more levels and mechanics to game.
So many ideas in my mind, so little time to make them all reality at once since even though i have been messing around with GM/GMS2 for some years now, it always requires a lot of learning when i try to implement something new to my games.
It's a fun hobby, though time consuming one :)

Here's a quick trailer to show you what it's all about:

One More Run can be found and downloaded here on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.JonesPGames.OneMoreRun

Some screenshots: