• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows "Old Project Format" error message on project load

Radr

Hoping someone can help me figure out how to get rid of the following error message popup:
"Old Project Format - Project was created in an older IDE which may have format changes"

error.PNG

This appears every time I first load my project.
I just upgraded GMS2 to the most recent version (v2.3.2.560) and appear to be using the most current Runtime (v2.3.2.426).
The project in question was actually just created in the previous version a couple of weeks ago if that helps.

It still runs perfectly fine just like it did before, but I'd rather not have to see that error message every time I open the project if I can help it.

I tried googling this issue word for word with what my error message says and couldn't come up with anything so any insight would be greatly appreciated!

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
This is a warning, not an error. It's just for your information so that you know you're loading a project last saved in an older version. Saving it may irreversibly change the file structure and make it incompatible with older versions.

Save the project and it should be saved to the new format. If the warning still shows up on subsequent loads, please file a bug report and attach the project.

Radr

Excellent. I tried doing that before posting, but thought just using Ctrl+S without making any changes would still save it (which I guess it didn't).

I just created a new sprite to actually change the project, then saved it and the warning message indeed disappeared upon the next load.

Thank you very much for the information and quick answer!