Alpha Old Lands: Winrinthia [2D, Open World, RTS, Action]

1640449098492.png
[Outdated Teaser]
Greetings,

Old Lands: Winrinthia is a side-scroller RTS game where you build a Settlement, expand your borders and have a Kingdom in the end and fight against the wild life, cold and other settlements in an Open World.

- This game is inspired by
Kingdom -

If you want a detailed description: [I'll add more here]
-Gather & Manage resources (There are 3 resources (Wood, Stone and Food))
-Get better equipment for your character and customize it
-Progress through an Open World to fight and settle camps to gather resources and get new technologies
-Expand your settlement
-Order your workers to build stuff
-Progress through a Tech Tree to Upgrade your units and buildings
-Build Walls, Guard Towers and Ballista Towers to defend your outer Walls
-Train Javeliners, Archers, Shielders, Knights, Scorpions, Catapults, Trebuchets, Cannons or Horse Archers and Horse Knights!
-Siege enemy camps/villages/castles
-Build ships to get past the enemy walls and fishing boats to gather food
- Gallery -
Main Menu
1640449217436.png
RTS Infantry
1640449535585.png
A very High Level Settlement
1640449451607.png
Check my updates below for more screenshots
WISHLIST ON STEAM
itch.io
[email protected]

Last edited:
B

Black_Tie

It looks very good i hope you succeed and its very good to see another turkish person like me i want to say in turkish it looks good but its a english forum so good luck with development.

It looks very good i hope you succeed and its very good to see another turkish person like me i want to say in turkish it looks good but its a english forum so good luck with development.
Glad you like it and thanks!
Besides that, you can reach me via private message if you wish.

-Ballista Tower-
upload_2019-4-26_18-24-1.png

Shooting Gif: https://gyazo.com/7700583d4f636ad12ca50f6fab8f1701
After a while without updating this post, I've done:
-Day/Night Cycle with Sun/Moon movements added
-New Buildings [Resource Storages, Dock]
-Changed the biome system, enlarged biomes-

upload_2019-4-26_18-40-50.png
upload_2019-4-26_18-45-27.png

Ballista Shooting GIF
I'll be posting more stuff 2 months later, I'll be working on this project full time
Thanks for your time spent on this page

Last edited:
Hey! I guess I need to update that post sometimes :D So here we go.

Whats New:
1) Biomes enlarged from 768px width to 1440px, so theres more space to do visual magic!
(for those who wonder, its the x3 of the view width (480x3), screenshots will be shared when ready.
2) Artillery/Siege Machine building sprites are almost done
upload_2019-8-15_0-39-48.png
3) Dock building is nearly ready to use. (for those who wonder, the ships above are drawn on different surfaces with resizing those surfaces so images don't get crazy but get scaled down)
upload_2019-8-15_0-42-23.png
4) A new Artillery is added (Cannon)
upload_2019-8-15_0-46-5.png
5) Overworld Map, which I'm 'trying' to draw

upload_2019-8-15_0-48-51.png
6) Unit Command UI

-GIF-

I guess, thats it to share for this post have some more things but they are for the next time!
Thanks for reading that mess!

John Andrews

Living Enigma
The game looks pretty good! I actually wanted to make a game like this long ago but I just never started hahaha, however this gem right here is pretty much the thing I wanted to make and honestly it looks soooo good!! Is there a way to play it? I'd be happy to, it looks really fun, and I'll follow the development of this game because it has mega tons of potential ;) ;)

O

OrangeCrowStudio

This looks like it could have a lot of potential. Awesome work so far! I hope development is going well!

This looks like it could have a lot of potential. Awesome work so far! I hope development is going well!
Hey!

Thanks a lot! I know It has a lot of potential and I'm only limited by graphics to make things come alive mostly. I'm working on the AI stuff slowly as I have stuff to do on the real life but project will be finished for sure :)

Its been a huge break since the last update but I've been working on the game in the meantime, so heres a big update list!

1) Tech Tree added - You unlock "Researchable Techs" by Aging up and research them with this book.
1629147472564.png

2) 2 Siege Artilleries Renewed (Don't mind the destruction effects, not the final.)
-
Scorpion (Fires a long range Piercing Arrow that can pierce 5-7 units and is the first Artillery you can build.)
-
Cannon (Longest range artillery, shoots a cannonball that can pierce ~20 units.)

3) Ballista Towers renewed and theres one more ballista which is better than the other.
- Great Ballista (Age 3)
-
Great Ballista (Age 4)

4) Walls re-designed and reworked. Now they open up when a friendly unit is nearby.
Wood / Stone / Refined Stone Walls by order. Opening/closing animations are ready and they have some ropes and gears but I'm lazy to record..

1629147467498.png

5) Shipyard finished. (There are some flying chests, pretend they don't exist.)
- Shipyard Age 3 with the UI open. Unlocked ships appear like this above the building when you click it. (Theres 5 images of the building according to the age.)
1629147426599.png
6) Farm Buildings are completed. Here are the new ones. (Theres a total of 4 levels)
- Basic Farm (Doesn't have an animation.)

1629147458442.png
- Improved Farm
GIF: Improved Farm

7) Army Units are fully renewed. Can't show all the animations but here are couple.
1) Javeliner
- Shoot
2) Archer
- Shoot Low
- Shoot High
3) Shielder (NEW UNIT, mid age tank.)
- Attack in Defense Stance
- Attack when shield is broken
4) Knight
- Attack
- Defend with Shield
- Defend Move without Shield
- Idle without Shield (One of them.)
5) Musketeer (NEW UNIT, long range rifleman.) - Doesn't exist in the Tech Tree yet.
-
Shoot
- Rifle Effect (Still working on it.)

8) I drew new bows and swords for the player but the main character is still getting worked on so this might not be the final product as he/she will be a leader.
Heres one of the new bow animations.
-
Bow Charge
- New Bows
- New Swords

9) Weather System. Now the weather has states where I define colors and the current weather fades into that state's color. Although I didn't make it fade with the time yet, it just fades right away in the GIF below.
-
Weather System

10) Pickaxes and Axes for the new Lumberman and Miner.
-

Thats it for this update log, there might be somethings I missed/didn't show but they will be in the next log.

Next Devlog will be a video but I wanted to share all the current equippable items in the Old Lands meanwhile. (Stuff aren't aligned well, sorry if it hurts your eyes)
Those are just base items, some of them will have light effects, shining/burning particles etc. Also brighter purple rectangles are just for better visibility and I can take suggestions for background color.
There are a couple bows but aiming mechanics are not implemented yet, so they aren't here for now.
allitems.png