Old Forum Archives??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagwolf

Ummm... Where's the YEARS of forum posts that contain extremely valuable solutions and thousands of man hours of knowledge?

I don't understand why these posts wern't migrated.. even to be migrated under archived usernames to not conflict with the new users here now.

I myself posted hundreds of hours of work and tutorials on the old community. Is this available anywhere as a searchable archive in the least?

I'm a very sad and frusturated panda at the moment. :(

P

PlayLight

My understanding is that it was completely archived. Someone jump in if i'm wrong though.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

And btw, this is accessible from the GMC's front page. Scroll to the bottom. Under "Legacy" is "Legacy GMC Archive."

Regards,

N

NPT

My understanding is that it was completely archived. Someone jump in if i'm wrong though.

Two sub-forums didn't make it.
  • Community Chat / Challenges (no longer there)
  • Community Chat / Suggestion Box (Present but we no longer have permission to view)
I'm unsure if this is deliberate or an over sight.

It's also no longer google search indexed and therefore useless. I posted about this and a possible solution in another topic, but the admins haven't commented. It still supports IPB search.

A

Annoyed Grunt

Yeah, I've noticed as well that using google search (you don't expect me to actually use the forum search right?) doesn't work anymore, which is a gigantic pain in the butt.

A

Aura

All the topics from the Challenges sub-forum were moved to the Community Chat forum before it was deleted, that is, the two have been merged, so if you really want to view those topics, you can search for them using the IPB search (since Google doesn't work with the archive).

I

icuurd12b42

The search is broken on the old forum and so is the google search. Unless they fix that the archive is pointless

Roa

• Community Chat / Suggestion Box (Present but we no longer have permission to view)
I'm unsure if this is deliberate or an over sight.

It's also no longer google search indexed and therefore useless. I posted about this and a possible solution in another topic, but the admins haven't commented. It still supports IPB search.
Yeah, its been archived. Most things archived lose their search value quick. There is a lot of things that lead to higher search results and half of them go out the door once it's no longer active. Not much yoyo can do about it.
The search is broken on the old forum and so is the google search. Unless they fix that the archive is pointless
I actually got it working. I was able to search members and post. Have you cleared you cookies and cache since then?

Status
Not open for further replies.