• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Old d3d_start()

N

Neuromancer

Hey guys... I've noticed that d3d_start(), d3d_draw_block, d3d_set_projection_ext(); Does not exist anymore in GMS2...

I saw in the documentation something about camera, matrices, vertex buffers and GPU functions.

But I didn't understand 💩💩💩💩. I mean, how can we do something like a 2.5D platform (Like in this tutorial)
http://michaelvandiest.tumblr.com/post/155962884315/25d-gamemaker-tutorial

In GM8/GMS we just d3d_start(), d3d_draw_block and d3d_set_projection_ext() to do something simple like this...

I really don't know by where do I start (Even seeing lots of tutorials didn't find nothing like 2.5D),
something like, making a doom clone and 2.5D platforms...

Thank you!

N

Neuromancer

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...arted-with-3d-in-gms2-project-download.12145/

Would this be relevant to what you're looking for?

Alternatively, if you can pinpoint what you find difficult to understand about the documentation, we may be able to help you with that.
Hi Tsuka! Thanks for your reply... I saw this yesterday, it's seems so complicated all theses vertices to do something simple...
How could I do something simple like 2.5D platforms like in the tutorial I've posted? d3d_start() was a bless!

If isn't possible without 900 lines of code I think it's better I stick with GM8/GMS to remake my old game...

I

icuurd12b42

take the gms14 code, import it into gms2, it will add the compatibility scripts, from there you can deduce what the actual gms2 code would be... or you can use the compatibility scripts yourself

N

Neuromancer

take the gms14 code, import it into gms2, it will add the compatibility scripts, from there you can deduce what the actual gms2 code would be... or you can use the compatibility scripts yourself
Awesome! I'll try this tomorrow.