Demo OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THIS KNIGHT

G

gn.fur

The Knight.
The one who guards The Crown.
The one who protects innocents at all costs.
The one who makes justice to prevail.
Today's sirs don't remember any of it... They drown in loathness, only able to feast and prance on their steeds. It is time to remind them who The Knight is.
And when the last dragon will be slain, when good will triumph and my glory will spread over the lands, people will hail:

Grab your shiny helmet and trusty sword, gather all the valor and honor you have, and show everyone, what being the true knight actually means!
DOWNLOAD (Gamejolt)
DOWNLOAD (Itch)

CONTROLS:
- WASD/Arrows – Move.
- LMB/Space/Enter – Attack.
- RMB – Grab.
- F4 – Toggle fullscreen.
- Esc – Pause.

Game was brought to you by:

gn.fur
Code, art, plot, foxes.

Brodux
Music.

DmitryDS
English localization.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gn.fur

And by the way, please tell me if there are any mistakes/bad moments in dialogues. I with my translator guy checked and rechecked English localisation about ten times, but I'm afraid there are still might be some speech mistakes.

K

KryxedOff

Really neat game and concept. Some of the translations are a bit off, but I'd be glad to help with that if you'll accept my help :)

The only "complaint" I really have is this: I noticed that sometimes (especially during the chicken section) when you're moving left or right, the character will be facing the opposite direction; however, it looks neat and even if it's an accident, it might be cool to leave it like that. It doesn't look wrong, I just am not sure if that's what you were originally going for.

Good luck with the rest of the game :)

G

gn.fur

Thanks. ;3

Some of the translations are a bit off, but I'd be glad to help with that if you'll accept my help
Of course. I'm very looking for opinions of native English speakers.

when you're moving left or right, the character will be facing the opposite direction;
But character follows the mouse. He will be looking at where you pointing him.

K

KryxedOff

Ah, I see. I didn't realize that the character was looking in the direction of the mouse. Playing it again I noticed that, thanks for pointing it out.

I fixed the English in the little poem for you, if you'd like to fix that. The game is very good other than that, even with a few little spots of bad grammar I think it's mostly pretty good!

The Knight.
The one who guards The Crown.
The one who protects innocents at all costs.
The one who prevails, who brings justice.
Today's men don't remember any of it... They drown in loathing, only ever feasting and prancing on their steeds. It is time to remind them who The Knight is.
And when at last the dragon is slain, when good triumphs and glory spreads over the lands, the people will hail:
OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THIS KNIGHT

Good luck with the rest of the game! Looking forward to seeing future updates!

I also wrote my own long version, but it's not very good:

This is the tale of a knight renown,
A brave soul who guarded the Royal Crown,
A young man who, without worry or fail,
Made sure that justice and peace did prevail.

The men of today remembereth not,
For their minds are filled with loathing and rot.
For they would much rather party and feast
And prance on their steeds, not a care in the least.

It's time to remind them of who they once hailed,
The hero who fought for peace, and prevailed.
And when all the other men heard of his plight,
The townspeople hailed:
"OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THIS NIGHT!"

B

BlakeNBitz

besides the minor translation hiccups, I love this. Great animation, There's a certain charm to the "flipping" effect of the little chick that I really like. My only criticism would be to try and tighten up the English a bit, and maybe center the player just a bit more when hes moving up. Being so close to the top without knowing whats coming feels a bit claustrophobic. But seriously, keep it up! Shows a lot of promise. :)

G

gn.fur

besides the minor translation hiccups, I love this. Great animation, There's a certain charm to the "flipping" effect of the little chick that I really like. My only criticism would be to try and tighten up the English a bit, and maybe center the player just a bit more when hes moving up. Being so close to the top without knowing whats coming feels a bit claustrophobic. But seriously, keep it up! Shows a lot of promise. :)
Thanks. ;3
Could you please point where English is bad? We checked translation, like, ten times, so I think, this is best we can do alone.

NicoFIDI

Hi there, I just try the demo :D
I like the personality of the character, it's not my style but it lets you see his essence clearly.
I feel the controls kind of weird, the movement was a little slow, and the attack didn't feel so responding.
even so, I like the demo, and I'll like to see more of the little self-declared hero chicken :D

B

BlakeNBitz

Yes. In original Russian version villagers got strong accent, and we tried to transfer it to English.
So if we ignore the accent for a second, and change the contraction "we'd" to its long version "we had" it would read like this: What the hell we had have four scare crows? So if we wanted something with proper grammar, it would be:
"What the hell do we have four scarecrows for?"

If you still want an accent I would change it to "Whatta hell we have four scarecrows for? Our gardens ten yards long!" This way in English, it still makes sense and the native English speaker will be able to interpret it as an accent.

K

ketogenicGG

I loved this! Demo was pretty fun and the graphics are so unique and good looking.

F

FROGANUS

well, you see, with great power, comes the responsibility to use that power.. against chickens..

S

sixert

I really like the graphics! You are giving me a lot of inspiration!

Edit:
I think you did a great job and I will try your game as soon as it releases!

andev

upload_2017-11-21_0-44-13.png
I get the impression I wasn't meant to do that because idk what to do now... lol

The musical note is the wrong way around and it really bugs my OCD.
upload_2017-11-21_0-45-26.png

Make it so when he turns, the animation flips wayy before he gets this thin.
upload_2017-11-21_0-47-28.png
Otherwise he looks like he's made of paper and not just squishy.

Are the hay piles procgen? The tuft shadows are all over the place
upload_2017-11-21_1-4-43.png

Graphics and animation are awesome, the birds flying away at the start made it really immersive as well.

Last edited:
G

gn.fur

View attachment 14430
I get the impression I wasn't meant to do that because idk what to do now... lol
Because someone doesn't read. You need to bring all the chicken back into the barn by grabbing them with holding RMB. It was written on giant popup message when you killed first chicken.

The musical note is the wrong way around and it really bugs my OCD.
)

Are the hay piles procgen? The tuft shadows are all over the place
It's just a product of my inability to draw. : - )

andev

Because someone doesn't read. You need to bring all the chicken back into the barn by grabbing them with holding RMB. It was written on giant popup message when you killed first chicken.
Ah, I did see something about RMB but that popup disappeared before I could read it! RMB didn't seem to do anything so I gave up. Must have been doing it wrong.

T

Taro

Hi! The game is really nice and I've enjoyed it alot!
I hope there will be a follow up stories for this game!
I've also made an youtube video from your game!
check this out!!

Thanks for the contributions for the gaming community!