Job Offer - General Official TapRoar Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JDSTIGER

EXTRA INFORMATION:
CREATORS, DO NOT ATTACH ADS ( WE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT )
DEVELOPERS, YOU WILL WORK WITH DESIGNERS
DESIGNERS, YOU WILL WORK WITH DEVELOPERS

TO APPLY, COMMENT YOU ARE INTERESTED AND SEND ME A PM.

LINKS:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TapRoar

This offer is currently only available to the gamemaker community.

E

ericbomb

Sent a message through your website. Interested to learn more about you guys!

F

frozenwisp

Please take note of what I am about to say about JDSTIGER. Though this might look like a enticing offer the standard that he is looking for is VERY LOW I have in no way hate towards JDSTIGER I only want to keep the people of this forum in the loop. For concert evidence this was his last post if you read the comments you might get a greater understanding of the matter:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-partner-or-team.5987/
Good luck to the ones who do apply I just feel like you might need it.
I will given him props for starting to learn GML and getting to understand the development process more.

J

JDSTIGER

Please take note of what I am about to say about JDSTIGER. Though this might look like a enticing offer the standard that he is looking for is VERY LOW I have in no way hate towards JDSTIGER I only want to keep the people of this forum in the loop. For concert evidence this was his last post if you read the comments you might get a greater understanding of the matter:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-partner-or-team.5987/
I will given him props for starting to learn GML and getting to understand the development process more.
Yay I have another hater :)

Morseton

Have you published another game besides the one you show on your website? Because that one only has 10-50 downloads, your "marketing team" is doing something wrong, if there is any

J

JDSTIGER

Have you published another game besides the one you show on your website? Because that one only has 10-50 downloads, your "marketing team" is doing something wrong, if there is any
Maybe because It's not finalized and it was more of test game?! I'm working on the update and then the real marketing happens, please don't come on the thread to trash.

F

frozenwisp

Look I have found that if you want to be successful indie game developer you need 3 key things persistence , thick skin and a understanding/nice personality. The persistence is for the game development side of things in which you must continue working even when you don't have a answer to a problem. The thick skin is a metaphor for being able to take and understand criticism (which you should expect a lot of as we are all on the front lines of game development our self's ). Having a good personality is important too. As we have a unwritten rule in the game dev community and this goes for all forums as well "Don't be a A-hole". The world isn't against you its just doesn't owe you anything so prove to us that you can take names, chew bubble gum and kicka$$. But don't expect it to be easy as we the people who are criticizing you have spent years and years learning and we are not even half way there yet (to where ever that is). Understand that I was once in your position when I first started. So please take this advise and use it to progress and not get angry or misunderstand people take criticism and improve. Good luck.

J

JDSTIGER

Look I have found that if you want to be successful indie game developer you need 3 key things persistence , thick skin and a understanding/nice personality. The persistence is for the game development side of things in which you must continue working even when you don't have a answer to a problem. The thick skin is a metaphor for being able to take and understand criticism (which you should expect a lot of as we are all on the front lines of game development our self's ). Having a good personality is important too. As we have a unwritten rule in the game dev community and this goes for all forums as well "Don't be a A-hole". The world isn't against you its just doesn't owe you anything so prove to us that you can take names, chew bubble gum and kicka$$. But don't expect it to be easy as we the people who are criticizing you have spent years and years learning and we are not even half way there yet (to where ever that is). Understand that I was once in your position when I first started. So please take this advise and use it to progress and not get angry or misunderstand people take criticism and improve. Good luck.
Well my bad, I can't tell if someone is giving helpful criticism or just straight up crap talking, maybe since being a designer and posting on forums to rate my work always led to trashing instead of helping or giving feedback.

E

eadgear

Hello, Can you give us more information about the job? I'm a designer myself but I don't know what exactly are you looking for. Commonly, each game has multiple designer from UI to Sprites. I don't know about the creator and developer side but I think they also need more details about the job. If you want to hire that kind with a year of experience and that kind of experience of a creator you need to be more specific because they are not amateur to accept anything what is on the table. Please update your post. This will help you get better response.

Thank you
eadgear

J

JDSTIGER

Hello, Can you give us more information about the job? I'm a designer myself but I don't know what exactly are you looking for. Commonly, each game has multiple designer from UI to Sprites. I don't know about the creator and developer side but I think they also need more details about the job. If you want to hire that kind with a year of experience and that kind of experience of a creator you need to be more specific because they are not amateur to accept anything what is on the table. Please update your post. This will help you get better response.

Thank you
eadgear
Any designer will do, but right now we need more artist / sprite designers.

J

JDSTIGER

I still kind of interested man but I need to know the scope of your projects and more details
You never sent me the PM >_<
Thanks man!

I'm here 'til Thursday, try the veal :D

Seriously though - When I get some more experience under my belt you never know. Maybe, just maybe, one day I'll be good enough to tick all of the boxes. :)
Alright.

J

JDSTIGER

Looking for a dev to collab on my game, please be available !

SnoutUp

This looks like a tourist trap for game developers. I'm not blaming OP for trying to create "mobile game empire", but after my brief investigation I haven't found any evidence of him being able to achieve much or shining as a publisher or marketer. This becomes an issue when time, effort and projects of other people are getting involved and at risk. There are plenty of ways to fail as an indie dev without a help of a publisher, who presents empty promises, but doesn't know what he's doing.

Proceed cautiously.

T

ThunkGames

Agreed.

Going by the regular 'how do I draw a sprite' style questions from the OP, he really doesn't know what is going on at the best of times.
Um, not to be rude but did you even visit his website? He has amassed a devoted following of such stock photos as "Jackelyn, Roar Fan Girl", "Omar, Roar fan boy" and "Steve, Roar lover".

F

frozenwisp

It's not like I warned anyone, oh wait LOL

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, I think it's time I closed this topic. To @JDSTIGER, I think it's admirable that you want to make a go at creating a publisher as well as a game studio, but it's obvious that your experience is a lot less than your ambition. You really need to get some content out there and some hard numbers on downloads and sales etc... before anyone will take you as seriously as you are taking yourself. The look of your web site is nice, and it feels serious, but the replies you've given here and the questions I see you asking on the forum tell me that you just don't have the experience to run something like this, and others have picked up on this too, hence some of the "funny" comments in this topic (I'´m looking at you @Lonewolff... Shame on you! :p ).

If you want to get a team together, what you need to do is cut down on the flash, and be much more HONEST. If you are just beginning, then say so. If you have no experience but great ambition, then say so. Nobody likes people that pretend to be something they are not, but everybody loves the underdog! You also really need to be more open about what game ideas you have and what kind of work people would be expected to do as well as payment plans etc... Nobodies going to steal your ideas (or at least, not until you make a million then everybody will, but that's gamedev for you!), and it'll show people that you really DO have a plan and a final goal for something. It doesn't have to be a full design Doc that you post, but an overview of current projects would be a great help to getting prospective team members interested.

Anyway, I wish you all the very best with your future, and I hope you understand that this is all constructive criticism... we want you to succeed! You have ambition, but you need to be a bit more grounded and humble/simple/honest in your approach imho.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.