Official Customer Support? Forum Administrators? Anything?

C

cadika_orade

I've been unable to edit my only post on this forum because apparently linking to yoyogames.com is "inappropriate or spam-like". I guess YoYo Games considers itself spam.

I've been trying to find some sort of actual official technical support, since these forums and the subreddit and the Discord are full of people with identical problems and no solutions, and the YYG documentation is full of errors or outdated.

Does YoYo Games actually have any employees I can contact? An e-mail address? A phone number? An IRC server? Anything? For the lavish prices I've paid YYG over the years from GM6 to GMS:2, I've only ever once needed support and that was for the GM8.1 license key fiasco. Now I genuinely need technical support and I'm stuck floundering for FOUR MONTHS trying to get GMS:2. For the thousands of dollars YYG charges for this software, you'd expect at least an e-mail address.

It took two weeks to finish my mobile game. It's taken four months to get GameMaker to cooperate with Google Play. I've been endorsing and preaching about GameMaker for years, buying and using every module for GM:S and now GMS:2 (only PC, Web, and Mobile licenses for 2, budget cut-backs). I'm confident someone at YYG has built an Android bundle with GMS:2, and I am confident that after the small fortune I've paid someone could kindly provide some basic technical support for this product.

So how do I actually contact YoYo Games?

EDIT: Requiring 5 posts is by far the most unprofessional anti-spam procedure I have ever seen. We've had better solutions since the early 00's. If YYG hired an actual web developer to build a forum instead of using garbage like XenForo, they could look like an actual company and provide actual customer service. Consider the Atlassian line of products, such as Confluence, Jira, etc.

curato

There is a little oddness with android exports at the moment. There is an issue where you can't have the latest version on the sdk specified https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/solved-cant-compile-to-android.65443/#post-391807 and there is an issue with the version of gradle https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...ate-An-App-Bundle-For-Google-Play-Submissions

It depends what exact issue you are having. Most of us aren't employees but if you tell us what the exact issue is we may well be able to help. There are upcoming updates to fix those issues. Mobile is a bit of a pain the requirement change so fast.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
If you are unable to edit content due to our spam prevention policies, you may dodge the bumping rule and make a new post instead. If you wish for it to be merged into your main post, report the new post afterwards and let us know.

The helpdesk can be found here: http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us
... and the direct way to contact customer support is here: https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us

Forum staff will be unable to assist you with licensing or technical issues related to the software itself. However, if you have any question about the GameMaker Community, we'd be your person of contact.

D

Dather32

Companies ought to open more easy-access channels between them and their customers.

C

cadika_orade

So lavish.

What did GM6 cost? Ten bucks or something? That's the price of a 'Happy Meal' these days.
Good. Now add GM &, 8, 8.1, Studio with all the platforms, and Studio 2. I'm assuming you're capable of adding those up and realizing that they're a little over $10. GMS:2 alone was over $600. If that's the cost of a 'Happy Meal', why don't you loan me a bit of it?

You'd file a ticket.

Someone with your extensive history with these products should have known this already though.
Correct. The thing is that YYG has only ever answered one of my tickets, and it was utterly unhelpful, linking to an outdated and incorrect doc article that no longer matched Google's toolchain. YYG is staffed by ignorant trogladytes that don't know an APK from a hole in the ground.

YYG should hire someone with basic business education to fix their pathetic customer service. You don't ship software without testing it, and you don't release an SDK without documenting it.

So lavish.

What did GM6 cost? Ten bucks or something? That's the price of a 'Happy Meal' these days.
It was 20USD.

Good. Now add GM &, 8, 8.1, Studio with all the platforms, and Studio 2. I'm assuming you're capable of adding those up and realizing that they're a little over $10. GMS:2 alone was over $600. If that's the cost of a 'Happy Meal', why don't you loan me a bit of it?
The going rate for a happy meal is 3-5USD (depending on the entree.)

I understand that you're upset @cadika_orade but (now that you know how to contact YYG) take a few deep breaths and give them a chance to help you. Their customer support is a lot better than you think.