Windows Odium Arena (online game) UPDATED OP

Lhargo

Completed the Universal skill "Nature Devastation" from the "Book of Gaia"
gather nature energy from the earth and release a powerful AOE Blast dealing 100% Magic Atk . this attack cannot be blocked or interrupted however if you are hit while charging up you will still take damage.

CMAllen

They both have their merits. Zelda had similarly 'blocky' elements like those in Style A. But I think Style B is nice, too.

Morendral

I'm leaning towards B, but the two don't really compare since there is so little of B to look at. If the difference is that A has a blocky look to variations in the grass, then definitely not. It looks out of place and unfinished. I originally thought you were looking for feedback in style A as to which of the blocky patches would look good replacing the default grass.

I like the color palette of B a bit more too.
Also your art is really good in general

Japster

Looking really great! - I can see a lot of time, care and love has been poured into this game... Wishing you the best of luck with it!

Lhargo

Some new Ingame Footage. A friendly pvp match

in this build the following are completed
[Networking]
[Player movement]
[Rolling]
[Attacking]
[Damage calculation]
[Stats]
[Equips]
[Hurt States]
[Death]
[Item info display]
[Melee Attacks]
[Ranged Attacks]
[Variable Hitboxes]
[Looting items]
[Dropping items]
[Weapon switching]
[Hit effects]
[Critical attacks]
[Health ,Prana, and Energy bars]

[Energy consumption]
[Enemy Health display]

Very nice, to me everything looks amazing except the running animation. It looks too fast/wide steps for the actual speed the character is moving. Could just be me though.

Lhargo

Very nice, to me everything looks amazing except the running animation. It looks too fast/wide steps for the actual speed the character is moving. Could just be me though.
we wanted the running to look exaggerated. its kind of hard to get a sense of distance since there is no map in that video. the next video will have great footage

Lhargo

looking back at this dev log, its actually crazy how far the game has come! we will be doing a kickstarter at the end of the month to receive funding to finish the rest of the game. but for the mean time the team has just completed the Frost peak Map! here is some footage

Lhargo

wow its always crazy looking back at this. the game in its current state is so much more polished .

this weeks update include the following:

Improved Aesthetics for Chamber
added Sounds
Added rooms transitions
Waiting room Hub
Implemented Automatic room starting
Costumes now visable in main menu and room
Changed color of ingame hp bars and equipment ui for better visibility
polished chamber
Added Trophy to check stats
Increased circle starting range for Forest Zone
Changed Frost Peak Circle endpoint

O

orSQUADstra

This is simply amazing. I'm really digging the style, and the combat seems very versatile and fun, and the game looks overall polished. It's really promising, keep the good work up! :D

Have you been thinking about adding a ranked mode after release?

Lhargo

This is simply amazing. I'm really digging the style, and the combat seems very versatile and fun, and the game looks overall polished. It's really promising, keep the good work up! :D

Have you been thinking about adding a ranked mode after release?
Hi! yes we will have a ranked 1v1 mode. all of this information will be available in the kickstarter. if possible please bookmark our kickstarter page so you see it when we go live

Lhargo

-Completed all costume animations for the Dagger attacks
-New Main Menu

- still seeking publishing or funding

Here is some gameplay footage from our last play session

Lhargo

players can now hold down the attack key the pull your bowstring back. release the attack key to fire

on another note, we are looking for pixel artists to continue this project,
please contact me with your portfolio & rates if interested

TobiasNL

Looks great! By the look of the videos the gameplay looks snappy and the animations tight.
Too bad there ain't a small (engine) demo available so that I/we could review the feel of your game. It used to be a standard on the forum back in the day. Anyway good luck with the project!

Lhargo

Looks great! By the look of the videos the gameplay looks snappy and the animations tight.
Too bad there ain't a small (engine) demo available so that I/we could review the feel of your game. It used to be a standard on the forum back in the day. Anyway good luck with the project!
Thank you!

we occasionally host test sessions on the discord server for the game. if you want to try it that will most likely be your best bet. the game is hosted on steam privately so keys need to be provided hence why there is no public download link

Lhargo

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTINUED TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT OF OURS , i wanted to announce, we have secured funding to continue development on the game. and this will resume in march 2023