• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Odd Error Problem (SOLVED)

Fixer90

So I created a new sprite on Game Maker Studio Standard edition, then suddenly it stopped responding. It stayed in the stand-by-not-responding phase for a few minutes, so I force-closed it with the Task Manager. I reopened it later and it had a new sprite called "<undefined>". Suddenly a TON of GMS error messages started popping up and lining up like infantry going south-east (towards the bottom-right of my screen). I had to force-sign out of my computer account to do anything.

How do I fix this?

Jabbers

Are you able to right click on the sprite and delete it?

If not, see if there are any suspicious sprite files in your project folder that shouldn't be there, and delete them, then reload the project and see if it helps.

If there are no strange sprite files, right click on your project file (e.g mygame.project) and edit it in a text editor. See if you can find anything under <sprites name="sprites"> that looks like it shouldn't be there, and remove the line. WARNING: this could cause more problems if you do something wrong, so make a backup first.

You should always take backups of your game to avoid this happening in the future.

Fixer90

Found something in the "datafiles" folder that wasn't suppose to be there; I deleted it and now it works fine. Thanks!