• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Objects still appearing as blank after adding Igor.exe to allowed apps

V

Vanta1

Hi! I've already responded asking some questions to threads on this issue, but with the latest version of Gamemaker Studio 2.3 all objects are appearing as blank.

I know there is a stickied post on this forum about a solution, and when I first had this issue I tried the solution suggested there. For a time it worked, but while working on a game it stopped. I've narrowed it down to the objects being blank because the background is still drawn, it's not an issue with the window being black. Just the objects.

Another forum user is also having this issue, and I've been checking responses to mine and their comments. Nothing has come of that.

I have tried:
  • Restarting my computer (several times)
  • Using viewports
  • Not using viewports
  • Cleaning my project
  • Saving the project to a new file
  • Disabling my antivirus
  • Allowing all copies of Igor.exe (each runtime has a version, I have allowed all of them)
  • Marking all Gamemaker folders as an "exception" in Avast. (This includes those under Program Files and folders that contain Gamemaker projects)
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Gamemaker Studio
I have made sure, several times, to follow all instructions in the stickied post as closely as possible. The solution was working, so I know I had done the solution correctly, but it has suddenly stopped.

Some details:
  • IDE: v2.3.1.542
  • Runtime: v2.3.1.409