• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Objects overlapping? [SOLVED]

M

Marco Savarese

Hi guys, I'm new to the GML, and I'd need some help… I've created a player object and some rocks. they both have collision masks and I fixed the depths of both to -y, to prevent any eventual overlapping issues. However, if I want the player to hide a little behind a rock, he won't actually get behind, he'll get over it. I tried by switching some values or just not adjust the depths of one element or the other, but it just won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

woods

maybe set the collision mask to a small square at the lower end of the player.. this would make the collision with basically his feet... and with the depth =-y should make him hide behind the rock once he gets to teh north side of it...