• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Objects on white backgrounds

GMWolf

aka fel666
Having a white background is now default for me, and its not unusual at all to use spriteless objects in Gamemaker.

Unfortunately, spritless objects don't show up on a white background, as they are both, white.

A simple solution is obviously to add a sprite to them. But often times I don't want to use a sprite resource for an in IDE thing.

I'm not sure what a good fix could be, but perhaps making the (?) Icon be the inverse color of whatever is underneath, or have a keyboard shortcut to temporarily outline each object whilst its pressed down...

Currently I have a couple prototypes with white backgrounds and empty objects. Moving then around in the view is not easy.
So making objects easier to see on light backgrounds would be quite nice.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
This has already been filed. You can't do things like XOR the pixels or easily invert colours without fancy shaders and render targets these days. However we'll be sticking a black outline (or something) around it to solve it - which is a much simpler solution.