Legacy GM object speed problem

M

mairoz

i have objects in my room that are supposed to chase another object the speed is 2. all other objects work fine, but when i add more than 1 of this object to the room both of their speed gets doubled, when 3 tripled and so on, and they chase instantly the target object. if you know what could cause this lemme know

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Did you perhaps have "apply to" set on the action that moves the object, causing each of them to apply the logic to each other object of kind?

M

mairoz

i use same movement script for almost all of my objects and it works fine for everyone else expect for that one object and i have checked multiple times that it should have everything setup the same. also it doesn't double/triple other values in create event such as image_speed thou

M

mairoz

i tried everything and still doesn't work thanks for the help anyways. i kinda fixed by adding spd = 3 / instance_number(object) it works when these objects are spawned same time (when the room is loaded) but still speeds up if the objects are spawned different times