GML Visual Object moving animation

• Thread starter Arthur Arakelian
  • Start date
A

Arthur Arakelian

Hello, is there a way to create object moving animation? (if with ease in/out that would be perfect, but if without it's ok as well) ...i just want to move an object from one position to another by clicking a button, or tap ...no matter, the important thing i want it's show the animated moving not just jump from one point to another. ...i use "jump to point" action to move the object, but i can't find any element to make animation as i want ...dunno is there a curve editor or something like that? ...i will attach pictures where's shown what i'm getting and what i want.
Comp-1.gif gms.jpg

Paskaler

There's no such action/event in the DnD. What you're looking for is tweening. The first example looks like linear and the second like a quadratic curve. If you search tweening formulas in google a page should come up with all the different formulas, types and examples of them, as well.

You'll have to implement these in GML yourself, or, you can look through the marketplace. I believe there was at least one extension on there.

You also won't be able to use jump to point action, but replace it with two tweens: one for x and one for y of the target location.

Lastly, this type of question should be in the programming section. You'll also get more help more quickly if you post there, too.

A

Arthur Arakelian

There's no such action/event in the DnD. What you're looking for is tweening. The first example looks like linear and the second like a quadratic curve. If you search tweening formulas in google a page should come up with all the different formulas, types and examples of them, as well.

You'll have to implement these in GML yourself, or, you can look through the marketplace. I believe there was at least one extension on there.

You also won't be able to use jump to point action, but replace it with two tweens: one for x and one for y of the target location.

Lastly, this type of question should be in the programming section. You'll also get more help more quickly if you post there, too.
Hi Paskaler, thanks for reply) ....i think i found a way how to do what i want, i've used Path for that animation .....as a designer working in programs such after effects/Cinema 4D, i tried to find something like curve editor etc, because it's so habitual to me, anyways i found another way.... dunno if paths its the best way here, anyways it's look not bad ...i'm new in this builder, so i think i have to explore more yet, and after i can decide what's the best way to do something here) Thanks again)

Rayek

It's the one thing I miss in GameMaker: a proper timeline. Godot, Unity, AnimateCC - they all have powerful timelines. For example, in Godot multiple timelines can be easily mixed together (upper body part, lower body part, IK, etc.) and events can be fired in the timelines as well.

Alternatively, GameMaker does support Spine natively (somewhat limited, but a new integration is in the works), and supports Spriter via an extension: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4827/spriter-for-game-maker

jonjons

t's the one thing I miss in GameMaker: a proper timeline
This is exacly whats been driving me crazy, doing velocities, animations, sound effects, states, etc... every step per second just doesnt work, feels like the engine was made for very simple games like the 1st super mario.