• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Object Keeps Returning to the Start of a Path

A

Arison

I've been trying to get an object to follow a path that the player inputs, but whenever it finishes it keeps returning to the beginning of the path. I've used the path_start function and set the end action to stop, but it keeps doing it, no matter what I try to do about it.

Is there a way to stop it from doing this, or is this just how paths work in GML?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
If the path is "closed", an additional point gets added at the first point (so the new last point and the first point have the same position). Make sure to not create the path as "closed" if you want it to not loop back on itself. (You could manually remove the last point of the path if you can't figure out how to make it unclosed)

A

Arison

It was set as closed a default, I fixed it, thank you for the help