• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Object event script got deleted when delete some other script file.

C

Carotaa

I am using GMS2 with IDE v2.3.1542 Runtime v2.3.1.409.
The problem is when I delete some unwanted scripts in IDE, some of my object event scripts will be "deleted" too.
All the code wrote in those object event will disappear. I also tried some method like export - reimport. But none of them works.
Sometimes, while I can still see the code in the object event, but It will not be complied. something like, copy - pause the code again won't work either.
After reopen the project, everything goes as expected: my object event is empty now....

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Could you please give more detail on why you mean by "some unwanted scripts in IDE " and "object event scripts will be "deleted" too" ?

Could you provide an example?

C

Carotaa

For example, I select script do_something in asset browser, then press delete button, the script will be deleted, fine. But , the alarm event code of obj_game and obj_light is disappear: the alarm events are still exit, but all the code wrote in those events is missing. So I have to write the code in those two alarm events again..
This problem happens several times. And I am sure I am not selecting all the code while pressing the 'delete' button. But I forget if I have opened them in editor (maybe not).