• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Object box and sprite mismatch in room editor

EIS

I have tried searching for this problem, but haven't found it, so I hope I'm not talking about an already solved problem. When I'm moving wall objects around in one room, the object's box and sprite is off by one pixel for some reason. Anyone knows how I can fix this? I have tried cleaning the build, as well as switching between snap and not snap in order to try and force them together, but neither is working. The point of origin is top left and collision mask is automatic, since the object is just a rectangle. Anyone has any thoughts? I feel like I'm overlooking something really obvious, so thanks for feedback!

Object box sprite mismatch smaller.png

EIS

I know, I've been sitting racking my brain over this the whole afternoon. Thank you for the help so far, I really appreciate it :)

I tried changing the sprite one pixel, and the box just adjusts itself accordingly, with the mismatch still in place.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
And if you change it to a different sprite of the same dimensions ?
Trying to figure out if it's the dimensions, the object itself, the sprite color, maybe it's the coordinates. Doubt it's the coordinates. How about placing it in a different room ?

I mean it's probably a bug that tech support will have to have a look at but might as well see if it can be bypassed somehow..

Reactions: EIS

EIS

I think I may have screwed with the coordinates. I am playing around with the object, resizing it with 1x1 grid. It looks like by resizing I have made it snap to subpixel coordinates... somehow. When resizing horizontally and vertically at the same time, by stretching the object from a corner, the box can pop out of position relative to the object's sprite. I do not know why this happens, or the technical reasons for it. I think I have to do some screen capturing and upload later to illustrate what is happening, it's a bit hard to describe precisely.

Last edited: