1. Hey! Guest! The 31st GMC Jam will take place between Nov 16th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Nov 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

obj_podcast: episode one with Shaun Spalding now released!

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by lazyeye, Aug 20, 2018.

1. lazyeye

lazyeye Member

Hello everyone! Popping by to let you all know of a new podcast I have had a part in running, which is hosted and run through the /r/GameMaker server.

A bit about obj_podcast:

Since its beginnings, the majority of content for GameMaker has revolved around teaching and sharing. In this spirit, we continue the trend; obj_podcast is a gamedev-centered podcast featuring members of the GameMaker community, both professional and hobbyists. Topics range from the path to an indie dev's success, to the intricacies of GameMaker , to developers' favorite foods.

The expansive GameMaker community is known for its inclusive, close-knit relationships, and attracts people from many different backgrounds, each with unique stories to tell. This podcast is your one-stop-shop to find them all.

We just recorded our first episode with Shaun Spalding yesterday, which you can find on our website at http://objpodcast.com/ .

Our plan is to keep episodes monthly while we start to ensure quality among our hectic schedules, but we are discussing perhaps making our next episode sooner if the schedules can line up. We'll announce in the Discord / Twitter as soon as we have more details!

Thank you for your time, I hope you enjoy the first episode!

Capptianm, Wayfarer, chance and 2 others like this.
  2. chance

chance predictably random Forum Staff Moderator

I enjoyed the podcast interview with Shaun. Good candidate for an interview. Of course he contributed to the GMC while a staff member. But his biggest contribution IMO, are his tutorials. Clear, focused, and organized. They're great learning tools for beginner and intermediate programmers. Who knows how many GML beginners used his YouTube vids? I expect thousands.

Fun to hear Shaun talk about other issues too. And the interviewer questions were generally good. My only frustration was waiting until the 40 minute mark to hear his thoughts about his early tutorials. Would've enjoyed more of that earlier in the podcast.

But there was at least 20-30 minutes of interesting discussion.... spread over the hour. ;) Just teasing. But 30 minute interviews might be better in future.

Toque likes this.
  3. Toque

Toque Member

This is brilliant. Thank you.

Pretty good stuff. Yeah 45 minutes is probably enough.

Following you on Twitter.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  4. Martin Linklater

Martin Linklater Member

Fantastic. Thank you so much for this.