• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX -[NSNull hasPrefix:]: unrecognized... error when I try to export an app for OSX

J

j_gonfer

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to export an app that I've done to iOS following this official tutorial: http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753858-Develop-For-And-Distribute-To-iOS

I have my VM with Windows 8.1 connected to my physic MacOS 10.11, with Xcode 7.3.1 and the CLI also installed. I've tried to run the game and I'm able to play it in my Mac directly connected from the Windows.

The problem is when I try to export the app to OSX to get the ".app", I see the following errors:

Code:
2016-07-15 23:28:06.198 Application Oven[12421:1178944] -[NSNull hasPrefix:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fff7b252780

2016-07-15 23:28:06.198 Application Oven[12421:1178944] -[NSNull hasPrefix:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fff7b252780
The "Application Oven" opens but it doesn't do anything else. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or maybe "Application Oven" isn't compatible with my MacOS/Xcode version?

Thanks in advance!

J

j_gonfer

At the end, I've not been able to export the app with the "Application Oven". But the good news are that I've found a possible solution to export the project as a Xcode projects for iOS and MacOS.

Xcode project for MacOS (check the image attached to this reply):
  1. First you need to open the "Global Game Settings" file in your files three.
  2. Select the MacOS tab and type the "Bundle Id" of your app. The domain can be registered later manually in the iTunes Connect site or automatically with Xcode.
  3. Select the target "Mac OS X (YYC)"
  4. Press the "Create Executable for Target" button to generate the Xcode project for MacOS.
  5. Once the compile process ends, the Xcode app will open automatically with the project in your Mac.
  6. First thing you can do to check that everything is working fine is select a simulator and press "Run".
Xcode project for iOS: Just do the same that the MacOS version but in the "Global Game Settings" select the iOS tab.

I hope this steps can be helpful for anyone else :)

Attachments

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
That is actually Xcode 8.3.1 you're referring to, yes? 7.x would be too old to work with, so if that wasn't a typo, then you will need to update your Xcode to 8.3.

(Obviously, assuming you're using 1.4.1772 or 73).