• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Notes about getting the Android Module to work for GMS Version 1.4.1763 as of May 1, 2017

L

leifolini

Does this work for GM studio 2 as well?

I cant find any help on this with GMS: 2.

Greetings jj

keystores have to be generated and are mentioned in the official tutorial by nocturne, i didnt mention it because its not something you need to have special setting or programs outside of gms to use, just fill in the form on the menu and clcik generate and it will do the rest for you.

as for android.bat, what os are you running on and have you tried running it as administrator?

yes this only covers 1.4, although i have been tinkering with gms2 i have not tried to use any of the export modules on it and am unsure if any of these notes will work.

good luck :)

Carloskhard

I am unable to open the SDK Manager by clicking android.bat...When clicked, a terminal pops up and disappears but that's it. I have these tools downloaded: tools_r25.2.3-windows.zip, found at this link: https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html#downloads, using your tutorial as well as this one: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368727-Setting-Up-For-Android...

I originally tried to use just your tutorial but then after doing everything, when I opened GameMaker and "check"ed the link to my SDK, it gave the error "KeyStone file not found".
I don't have any "Android.bat" in the folder and when I open any of the executables they close inmideatly too.Any help?

rIKmAN

I don't have any "Android.bat" in the folder and when I open any of the executables they close inmideatly too.Any help?
Dude, I've just told you in the other thread you necro-bumped that you have downloaded Android Studio, you need the Command Line Tools.

If you don't want to listen then I won't waste my time trying to help you, but unless you download the right files then nothing will change.

D

DragonHorse

Before stumbling across this thread, I spent several hours with trial and error getting everything working with the sdks included with Android Studio (including OpenJDK which Google seem to favour over Oracle JDK.

To manage which SDK components are installed with Android Studio, you need to actually run Android Studio, go to File->Settings

In the resulting dialog, go to Appearance & Behaviour->System Settings->Android SDK where you can access equivalent options to the standalone settings.

Android Studio puts the SDK/NDK components in your user directory, something like the following (assuming your home directory and program files are on C:\ and you've chosen default options):

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Android\sdk

If you install NDK it goes to:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\ndk-bundle

If you want to use the Android Studio JDK:

C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre

(it says JRE but includes JDK)

Thank you dragon horse

yeah figuring out the details can be difficult but if possible you should avoid downloading all of android studio, its not needed.

were you able to get your system working?

D

DragonHorse

Thank you dragon horse

yeah figuring out the details can be difficult but if possible you should avoid downloading all of android studio, its not needed.

were you able to get your system working?
Thanks, yes all working. I wanted Android Studio for other Android dev work so really wanted to get GameMaker working with the components downloaded by Android Studio rather than downloading everything twice. Nonetheless most of the setup is the same, so I would have shaved off some hours had I looked for this thread :)

rIKmAN

Before stumbling across this thread, I spent several hours with trial and error getting everything working with the sdks included with Android Studio (including OpenJDK which Google seem to favour over Oracle JDK.

To manage which SDK components are installed with Android Studio, you need to actually run Android Studio, go to File->Settings

In the resulting dialog, go to Appearance & Behaviour->System Settings->Android SDK where you can access equivalent options to the standalone settings.

Android Studio puts the SDK/NDK components in your user directory, something like the following (assuming your home directory and program files are on C:\ and you've chosen default options):

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Android\sdk

If you install NDK it goes to:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\ndk-bundle

If you want to use the Android Studio JDK:

C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre

(it says JRE but includes JDK)
Or you could just not use Android Studio and download the Command Line Tools like it specifically says in the official tutorial on the YYG website.

If you know what you are doing and use it like JML then fine, but the majority of users just want GM to work and cause themselves problems by not reading and following the instructions.

D

devlkore

Thanks for this. I have had the Android module for ages, but not tried to use it. This will be very useful (assuming it works for Win10 too).

R

RATInteractive

Anyone else having the issue where the BAT file does nothing? why did Google remove the installer, such a pain in the ass

Greetings,

android.bat should work you might need to run it as an admin though.

i updated this as of may 1. considering that gms1.4 is being phased out for 2.0 i am unsure if an update will be released for 1.4 beyond the most recent version (1.4.1763).

if no further update is released then these notes should work, please let me know if you have any problems.

thank you.

A

Adam Martinez

For anyone trying to fix a broken build right now...

As of May 10th, 2017, this configuration allowed me to build my game for Android...

Global Game Settings > Android > General

Target SDK 16
Min SDK 9
Compile SDK 23

Build Tools 23.0.1
Support Lib 23.1.1

I hope this helps D;

rIKmAN

I am having problems now. No matter what I do, I get this: (see attached)
It tells you right in the error message what the problem is - and even gives a full sentence on what to do to fix the error...

Open SDK Manager, go to build tools 25.0.2 and accept the licence agreement when installing.

I

imxron

Has anyone had success with Android 8.0 Oreo (API 26)? I can build fine but the app crashes. App was working on previous versions of android (trying to send out a patch to the users).

K

kasm15

i installed the snd ank and jdk as u saed and i got this error

Create started: 19:09:50
"C:\Users\kasm\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /fU="C:\Users\kasm\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_68915\a47837.txt" /c /m=android /config="Default" /tgt=8 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /j=8 /cvm /tp=1024 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1773 /gn="war land defence" /td="C:\Users\kasm\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\kasm\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="192.168.56.1" /hprt="51268" /optionsini="C:\Users\kasm\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_68915\gm_ttt_10153\war land defence.ini" /o="C:\Users\kasm\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_68915\gm_ttt_10153" "E:\App Developer\project\war land defence.gmx\war land defence.project.gmx"
Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\kasm\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_68915\gm_ttt_10153\war land defence.droid
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Warning : resource background32_background32 rescaled from 1138,711 to 569,355
Warning : resource bg_example_bg_example rescaled from 1920,1200 to 960,600
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Texture Group - Default
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
1 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_1.png...
2 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_2.png...
3 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_3.png...
4 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_4.png...
5 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_5.png...
6 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_6.png...
7 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_7.png...
8 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_8.png...
9 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_9.png...
10 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_10.png...
11 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_11.png...
12 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_12.png...
13 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_13.png...
14 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_14.png...
15 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_15.png...
16 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_16.png...
17 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_17.png...
18 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_18.png...
19 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_19.png...
20 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_20.png...
21 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_21.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=14803.2788
Stats : GMA : sp=307,au=29,bk=109,pt=0,sc=37,sh=0,fo=8,tl=0,ob=331,ro=58,da=0,ex=1,ma=9597,fm=0xBB05492909F0
cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\kasm\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\war land defence\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.defencegg.tower && "C:\Users\kasm\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" assembleRelease lint "
Starting a Gradle Daemon, 1 incompatible and 1 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use --status for details

K

kasm15

i got this error

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.defencegg.tower:lint'.
> Lint found errors in the project; aborting build.
Fix the issues identified by lint, or add the following to your build script to proceed with errors:
android {
lintOptions {
abortOnError false
}
}
* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
BUILD FAILED
Total time: 4 mins 5.264 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"
Lint Build report available at C:\Users\kasm\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\war land defence\Android\Default\com.defencegg.tower\build\outputs\lint-results.html
Create finished: 19:14:20

rIKmAN

i got this error
Did you read the error at all, or just post it in here?
It tells you exactly what to do...
Code:
Fix the issues identified by lint, or add the following to your build script to proceed with errors:
android {
    lintOptions {
        abortOnError false
    }
}
Lint Build report available at C:\Users\kasm\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\war land defence\Android\Default\com.defencegg.tower\build\outputs\lint-results.html

K

kasm15

Did you read the error at all, or just post it in here?
It tells you exactly what to do...
Code:
android {
    lintOptions {
        abortOnError false
    }
}

yep i readed the error and don't see the sloution i tried many verison of ndk and jdk change sittting in global game siiting nothings help

if u see the issue tell me plz 2 night i am trying and trying

rIKmAN

yep i readed the error and don't see the sloution i tried many verison of ndk and jdk change sittting in global game siiting nothings help

if u see the issue tell me plz 2 night i am trying and trying
Browse to
Code:
C:\Users\kasm\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\war land defence\Android\Default\com.defencegg.tower\build\outputs\lint-results.html
and read the lint report, it will give you information on the errors.

Alternatively...
Code:
add the following to your build script to proceed with errors:
android {
   lintOptions {
       abortOnError false
   }
}

B

bit-bit

What's the latest SDK, JDK, Build Tools, Support Lib, Min SDK, and Target SDK has everyone gotten their app to work in?