• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Not working after installed

Y

Yuri Prime

I downloaded the Windows version since I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro Operating System after it was installed and tried to open it from the shortcut provided in my desktop then it's not opening at all.

I tried to run it as administrator but still not working. I also tried to check it in Task Manager and I don't see anything related to GameMaker Studio 2.

I was able to meet the System Requirements of this Application as well.

I thought that this is my first-day exploring GameMaker Studio 2 but it looks like there will be a bit of a delay.

Need help

Amon

Uninstall it, restart your computer and try reinstalling again. If you have any Security software then disable it before attempting to reinstall.

Y

Yuri Prime

Uninstall it, restart your computer and try reinstalling again. If you have any Security software then disable it before attempting to reinstall.
Thank you for your response.

I tried these steps just now and still having the same issue. I also don't have any Anti-virus installed.

Amon

What is the version og GMS2 you are trying to install? Is it downloaded from your accounts page, or are you trying to install the trial version?

Is your Win 8 Pro up to date .net and updates wise?

Y

Yuri Prime

What is the version og GMS2 you are trying to install? Is it downloaded from your accounts page, or are you trying to install the trial version?

Is your Win 8 Pro up to date .net and updates wise?
I'm trying to install the version 2.2.3.436 and Yes, I downloaded it from my account dashboard. I'm trying to install a trial version.

My OS is not up to date as well as the .net ( This is what I was thinking about as well ). but it should give me an error while installing if my .Net is not that compatible with this application like a pop up that I have missing dll files.

Upon installing as well it shows that it will also install a Visual C++ Redistributable where I think it should correct things if the user will have .Net issues. ( Not so sure though )

upload_2019-8-29_21-9-39.png

rIKmAN

I'm trying to install the version 2.2.3.436 and Yes, I downloaded it from my account dashboard. I'm trying to install a trial version.

My OS is not up to date as well as the .net ( This is what I was thinking about as well ). but it should give me an error while installing if my .Net is not that compatible with this application like a pop up that I have missing dll files.

Upon installing as well it shows that it will also install a Visual C++ Redistributable where I think it should correct things if the user will have .Net issues. ( Not so sure though )

View attachment 26442
Do you have any system protection software that may be closing / interfering with GMS2 - like some applications that come preinstalled on branded laptops for example?
Is your version of Windows 8.1 64bit?

If so, update your Windows 8 installation using Windows Update until it is fully up-to-date - you may need to restart / re-run Windows Update multiple times until it reports no further updates.
Then install / update your version of .Net to the latest version.

Once everything is up to date on the OS side, try uninstalling / reinstalling GMS2 and see if it works.