1. Hey! Guest! The 31st GMC Jam will take place between Nov 16th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Nov 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Not sure if right place....[adding media to posts]

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by SamuraiSnowman, Jul 15, 2018.

1. SamuraiSnowman

SamuraiSnowman Member

Hey all,

Most likely a noob question, how can I upload gifs and or video footage of my game? I have some art work I'd like to share but I'm not sure how.

Thanks!

2. chance

chance predictably random Forum Staff Moderator

(topic moved here from the Work in Progress forum) The Work in Progress forum is only for posting games / apps with GM. Questions about using the GMC forum itself should be posted here.

You can upload images directly to the GMC when you post your game topic. In the editor, click "more options" then "upload image".

For videos, most people use YouTube. Post the video there, and then add a link in your topic. Click the "media" icon (looks like film strips) when you're creating your topic, and paste in the YouTube link.

You can also post images and GIFs on other hosts, and add the links to your topic.

3. True Valhalla

True Valhalla Full-Time Developer GMC Elder

Upload your media to a site like Imgur then insert the code it provides into an image tag on the forum.

4. SamuraiSnowman

SamuraiSnowman Member

Hey thank you guys so much and sorry for the late response!