• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Not seeing any Platform settings... (Screenshot)

Y

youthindecline

Hi All!

I've been playing with Gamemaker2 for about 2 months, learning it via Shaun Spalding and other tutorials. I've made a really simple point & click game with 4-5 rooms and a few objects and puzzles. Everything is working fine when I run the game. I run it on Mac for Mac (what I see in the upper right of IDE is here):
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.46.21 PM.png

Now... I'm looking to Create Executable for the first time to have a friend test it. In terms of licenses, I have the following in my account:
  • GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop ("Permanent" under expiry)
  • GameMaker Studio 2 Creator Mac (Purchased: 20 May 2020, Expiry: 20 May 2021). -- purchased this today.
I followed the instructions to relaunch Gamemaker2 AND to do the File -> Logout and login again.

BUT! I still don't seem to have any Platform Settings for Mac (or any of the options) in my Preferences:
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.44.23 PM.png

I feel like I must have dismissed a setting or messed things up on the package export. FWIW, when I click Create Executable icon, it gives me an option to make a .ZIP (not an installer??) and then doesn't create the zip. I see this error in the bottom of the IDE:
"Error: Could not find matching certificate for Developer ID Application:, please check your 'Signing Identifier' in your macOS Options"

Which is confusing because... no macOS Options....

What am I missing? Thank you for your help! <3

ophelius

There's other settings, if you look on the Resources box on the right, scroll all the way down and you'll find the options for each platform. With the Mac, that error can be bypassed by clearing the Signing Identifier box. I think you'll need Xcode, there's some tutorials online on how to compile more Macs.

Y

youthindecline

That is extremely helpful!!! I don't know how I missed those "Options" . I am playing with it now and will try to build an executable.

One additional n00b question:
It seems I chose ZIP instead of Installer the first time I tried to Create Executable (and perhaps clicked "don't ask me again"... and now can't find where to swap back over to "INSTALLER" instead. Do you happen to know where that is controlled / toggled?

:)

ophelius

One additional n00b question:
It seems I chose ZIP instead of Installer the first time I tried to Create Executable (and perhaps clicked "don't ask me again"... and now can't find where to swap back over to "INSTALLER" instead. Do you happen to know where that is controlled / toggled?
That's back where you started, under File/Preferences/Platform Settings/Windows/Default packaging type