• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Not recognizing Maximize button clicks?

In my game, I set the option to allow the user to resize the screen, keeping the aspect ratio.

However, the first time the maximize button is clicked in the window bar, the runner seems to not recognize it. The screen is maximized, but it doesn't adjust the aspect ratio or rescale/reposition any GUI elements (drawn with the Draw GUI event). It WILL do so, however, any subsequent time the button is clicked afterward, or if the window was manually resized first.

While not a major thing, I want to see if I can patch this up somehow. Is this a known thing? Maybe they fixed it GMS2?

M

mkyprice

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but if you're using window_center(), it needs to be at least one step after resizing