• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Not recognizing certain commands on GML

K

Keya

I've been working on a simple project for a few weeks, just for fun, mostly, but all this time, I've been using a Windows 10. To keep working on it in my MacOS, I installed GMS2 on it (after tons of confusion), then playtested it immediatly. Everything was fine until I checked the coding...

It's a DND project that mostly uses the Execute Code block to operate, and certain commands (,like (keyboard_check_pressed), for example,) weren't recognized, and the program acted like they were variables. I was ignoring it, as it seemed to not actually do a thing, until eventually the game started crashing as soon as it starts running.

upload_2019-10-29_22-30-13.png

Attachments

chirpy

Edit: uh, my eyes got weird (so I counted the parentheses wrong at first).
What are the exact warning messages?

Last edited:

Amon

Instead of 'or' use '!!'. And put a var infront of each of the variables var right, var left, var jump.

rIKmAN

Instead of 'or' use '!!'.
You want pipes || not exclamation marks !! ;)

OP - post the warning messages like chirpy said, but this usually happens when there is some sort of error elsewhere and it cascades down through the code causing other things not to be recognised correctly by the parser.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Apart from what @rIKmAN says, check your parenthesis... on the first line of the code (and the second), for example, you have one too many closing ) at the end...

chirpy

Apart from what @rIKmAN says, check your parenthesis... on the first line of the code (and the second), for example, you have one too many closing ) at the end...
I thought so at first until I typed them into text. Human eyes!
Code:
right = (keyboard_check(ord("D")) or (keyboard_check(vk_right)));