• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP NOT FIXED///Failure with XBOX LIVE Gamer Tag

bshadow8

Hello everyone, so yeah 1 the new update came around and now Game Maker 2.2 has ruined the code to retrieve the gamer tag ID on XBOX Live UWP export to XBOX ONE...yeah. So I made a simple object that is persistent and uses this code set on action - synchronize social - ...
if !xboxlive_user_is_signed_in()
{
if !xboxlive_user_is_signing_in()
{
xboxlive_show_account_picker();
}
}
else
global.GTAG = xboxlive_gamertag_for_user();

Then
I used and carried over correctly the global variable global.GTAG to draw the Gamer Tag in another room with another object set on action - draw -...
draw_set_halign(fa_center);
draw_set_font(TRAJAN8);
draw_text(320,62,string("Gamer Tag: ") + string(global.GTAG));

The system tells me that it's not picking anything upo from the Gamer Tag acquire.
It used to work before the last update, what gives?

2. Also you guys at yoyogames have made my project game run so, so slow on the XBOX ONE and its not the game its something within. I've made a trouble ticket and have gotten no answer...it's been over 2 months. I purchased Game Maker 2 specifically because of the UWP export to XBOX ONE, I can't get a refund...

I'm losing faith in this, I'm about to give up on it.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please file this as a bug report and attach us a yyz of that simple test as well as your entire compiler log when building the project for UWP, and we'll look into it. Also let us know if that same code works on UWP on a PC.

bshadow8

Hello, so yup I fear I made the mistake not YOYO games...in order to use the XBOX Live Gamertag feature you MUST and I mean you MUST enter the Title ID and Configuration ID onto the Microsoft UWP settings on Game Maker or else your lack DEV credentials will not allow for the Gamertag to show up!!!