• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Not able to log in to GM 1.4

pixeltroid

Hi. I've been getting an error when I try logging in on GM1.4

I used to work on it on a laptop. But I recently got a new PC (Windows 8) and transferred my work there.

I am facing 2 problems.

1. Error messages when I log in. "something went wrong with validating the login request. please try again" and "script error"
gmerror.jpg

2. Game exe files dont work. The game screen shows up like a mess of pixels.

gmerro3r.jpg

The program runs fine on my laptop though without a problem.

Does anyone know whats going on??

Last edited:
N

NeonBits

Version 1.4.9999 04/10/2018 (Required SDKs FAQ)

Headline Changes Since 1804

Removal of Online Connectivity in the IDE
The News feed has been disabled (also stops the script errors shown on startup in previous versions)
Links to the Marketplace and for managing your YoYo Account have been removed - please use your browser to do this now
Demos and Tutorials now work off a download, rather than the online feeds - see this "Download Studio 1.4 Demos And Tutorials" Hepdesk FAQ for more info
GGS support for automatically downloading our third-party extensions has been removed - please download in your browser and drag the package onto the IDE to import the extension to your project

S

Sam (Deleted User)

1) enter your license key instead of logging in, for reasons the user above pointed out.
2) try clearing your asset cache with the green broom button and then build your game again and let us know if that fixes anything.

I use 1.4 all the time still and have no issues.

pixeltroid

1) enter your license key instead of logging in, for reasons the user above pointed out.
2) try clearing your asset cache with the green broom button and then build your game again and let us know if that fixes anything.

I use 1.4 all the time still and have no issues.
ok. I downloaded a new gm 1.4.999 but when I logged in it says I dont have a license.

Ive been using an older version since 2016, BUT I cant seem to remember the email that its connected to. :/

It still works fine on my laptop, but I want to move my projects to my PC.

Any idea what I should do? is there any hope?

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I just told you to input your license key instead of logging in. If you don't have the license key anymore you should contact YoYo and they will help you figure out what email it is connected to:

http://help.yoyogames.com

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Just explain to them your real name, idk, every email you've made that you can think of, and ask them if there is anything else you need to provide.

D

Dale Nichols

I just re-installed Windows 10 over malware infested computer 64-bit and did 1.2 but start up shows login and license key. It accepted the license info and won't work in my login in "Daletales" and showed error message box "No Post" --- huh? My GM 2 studio works fine on this computer, FYI.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
If you read the topic, you will see it mentioned that you can only input the license key now...you can no longer do the login thing anymore.