1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Question - IDE Not able to get remote source control working...?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Nick Pelling -- Orlando, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Nick Pelling -- Orlando

Nick Pelling -- Orlando Member

Hi everyone,

I've just started working with GameMaker Studio 2, and so far it's gone pretty well. :)

Though I've followed the help instructions to enable source control and have created a local repo OK, I haven't yet managed to set this up to push the local project repo out to a remote github repo.

I set up the repo -- username -- password to be https://github.com -- (correct username) -- (correct password), but the Source Control --> Import Project Into Repository menu item is still greyed out. Verbose logging is enabled, but I'm getting no helpful messages in the Source Control console. :-(

Is there any way of debugging what the GameMaker Studio 2 source control plugin is doing behind the scenes, i.e. some secret log file? Or has someone put up a fantastic step-by-step guide to doing this on the web?

Cheers, Nick