• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Not able to get remote source control working...?

Hi everyone,

I've just started working with GameMaker Studio 2, and so far it's gone pretty well. :)

Though I've followed the help instructions to enable source control and have created a local repo OK, I haven't yet managed to set this up to push the local project repo out to a remote github repo.

I set up the repo -- username -- password to be https://github.com -- (correct username) -- (correct password), but the Source Control --> Import Project Into Repository menu item is still greyed out. Verbose logging is enabled, but I'm getting no helpful messages in the Source Control console. :-(

Is there any way of debugging what the GameMaker Studio 2 source control plugin is doing behind the scenes, i.e. some secret log file? Or has someone put up a fantastic step-by-step guide to doing this on the web?

Cheers, Nick