• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Non-Zero Status

J

JLion

So after a lot of school I remembered coding was fun and existed! So I hopped onto gammaker (My old version was like 2.0 and the new update hopped to 2.1) So I loaded my "Besieged" project but when I loaded the previously perfectly working code, the screen of the runner is white and crashes and in the output:

....windows/Runner.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)

Very annoying.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
That error means that SOMETHING crashed (that's exactly what "nonzero exit status" means, an exit status of 0 means the program exited properly), I can't tell what, though, exit codes are on a per-program basis and your number is out of the normal range (1-127). Did you clean the cache before running? It might be incompatible with changes in the runner.

D

DKR_87

Honestly I get them only when I don't close an if statement properly. Or improper syntax

J

JLion

That error means that SOMETHING crashed (that's exactly what "nonzero exit status" means, an exit status of 0 means the program exited properly), I can't tell what, though, exit codes are on a per-program basis and your number is out of the normal range (1-127). Did you clean the cache before running? It might be incompatible with changes in the runner.
Yes, cleared the cache with the "broom" icon.

J

JLion

The game is basically a very hard to make (For my skill) physics game where you have a cannon that fires projectiles at a physics based castle, with gui that has how many people left in the castle there are, how many shots you can use until you fail and fall damage and stuff for the enemies... As you progress you unlock different cannonballs and I have a camera system, I really don't want this to have to be deleted :(