Non Gaming App!

I

IE Entertainment

Hello, y’all! So I was asked to create a non gaming app for a potential client. They want a custom real estate app where their clients can download documents as well as sign and upload documents to a server. They also want the ability to view video content. Yes, I know this all sounds like it should be done in a website but they have asked for an app.

my question is, can any of this be done in GM studio? Even if the video and document portions are redirected to a site but the bulk of the info is displayed within the app. Possible?

Thanks in advance for the help, guys.

chamaeleon

Is there anything that you know about gms that makes you think this will be a good fit? You have your objects, instances, sprites, and data structures. Maybe some of the gui extensions in the marketplace will get you closer to what you want, but it sounds like trying to use a hammer when the problem is not a nail.

I

IE Entertainment

Is there anything that you know about gms that makes you think this will be a good fit? You have your objects, instances, sprites, and data structures. Maybe some of the gui extensions in the marketplace will get you closer to what you want, but it sounds like trying to use a hammer when the problem is not a nail.
I know a bit about the program. I don’t know everything. I’m currently creating a platformer so I know how to use it. Again, I don’t know everything so this is why I am asking what I thought was a simple question. Thanks, though. Appreciate the reply.

chamaeleon

I know a bit about the program. I don’t know everything. I’m currently creating a platformer so I know how to use it. Again, I don’t know everything so this is why I am asking what I thought was a simple question. Thanks, though. Appreciate the reply.
To put it in perspective, you have no text boxes, no input fields, no buttons, no windows, no scroll bars, etc. Some market place offerings gives you some of this, because someone went through the trouble of implementing it using the raw resources I mentioned (plus surfaces and views which I did not). Other marketplace offerings provide the ability to embed a web browser.

I

IE Entertainment

I hear you. I guess my question should have been...is it worth it to program all of those functions? This person wants something highly customized. I was thinking of the app from the perspective of it just being a glorified UI. I know of some apps out there that let you customize for your brand.

seriously, thanks for the reply. I don’t k ow what I don’t know. Thanks.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I don't think this project is worth doing unless you know how to use a non-GM app development environment and also a web application framework. Way too many of these items are GMS 2's weak suits: Cryptography, videos, native UI, server-side scripting. Add to that the gravity of the transactions involved relative to your technical confidence, and this is easily a no-deal.

I

IE Entertainment

I don't think this project is worth doing unless you know how to use a non-GM app development environment and also a web application framework. Way too many of these items are GMS 2's weak suits: Cryptography, videos, native UI, server-side scripting. Add to that the gravity of the transactions involved relative to your technical confidence, and this is easily a no-deal.
i hear you. Thank you for the honest response.