• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

3D No text colour in 3D HUD

L

Lenie

Hey there,
The HUD in my 3D game doesn't display the right color. It is supposed to be red but keeps being black whatever I try. The same text works fine in 2D view (it shows red), I also have zero problems with it in GM8. I have literally no idea why this doesn't work in GM:Studio???

DrawEvent:
d3d_set_projection_ortho(0,0,view_wview[0],view_hview[0],0)
//HUD
draw_text_colour(16,16,string(fps)+'#Y: '+string(obj_player.y)+'#X: '+string(obj_player.x)+'#zdir: '+string(obj_player.zdirection)+'#dir: '+string(obj_player.direction)+'#speed: '+string(obj_player.spd),C,C,C,C,1)
draw_text_colour(32,512,text,c_red,c_red,c_red,c_red,alp);

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Probably a lighting effect. Do you use lights for the other 3D objects? If so, try turning them off for the HUD draw text (and then back on, so the other draw events use them).

mMcFab

Have you disabled lighting before drawing the GUI? (assuming lighting was enabled in the first place)

EDIT: Ninja'd!

L

Lenie

Thank you for the quick reply!

There is no lightning enabled, I even added 'd3d_set_lighting(false);' in the create event of the camera