no reply from customer support

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tk dd

i asked a question regarding licensing a few months ago to
http://www.yoyogames.com/contact
and never received a reply.
Last week, i send another question regarding how bugs are tracked and haven't received email.

Do they basically ignore all questions made on the page?
Is there a better way to contact customer support?

F

FormalCloud

"Ashamed?"

YYG has support issues like any other company but they have on more than enough occasions gone above and beyond for their customers. I can testify to this personally and as witness to it from others.

Mike doesn't need anyone to defend his comment but I think maybe you're inflating this a bit.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I've had excellent experience with the YYG helpdesk. On the several occasions I've used it, YYG responded within a day, and worked with me until the problem was resolved.

That said, Mike's comment was a little rough. After going months without a response from YoYoGames, the OP can hardly be blamed for not responding to Mike immediately. Even using the wrong email channel, he still deserved some kind of response -- even an automated response directing him to the helpdesk.

Perhaps that's what NPT was reacting to.

F

FormalCloud

I've had excellent experience with the YYG helpdesk. On the several occasions I've used it, YYG responded within a day, and worked with me until the problem was resolved.

That said, Mike's comment was a little rough. After going months without a response from YoYoGames, the OP can hardly be blamed for not responding to Mike immediately. Even using the wrong email channel, he still deserved some kind of response -- even an automated response directing him to the helpdesk.

Perhaps that's what NPT was reacting to.
Since I am not privileged to the exchange between the OP and YYG I don't know what/if/else/then/who/why about any of it.

I just know that for face value, YYG support has been good for people. They may have blown this guy off for months or maybe his e-mail got lost, I don't know. I just know that the people behind YYG are not nameless or faceless and deserve a fair shake for their shortcomings AND their efforts.

N

NPT

That said, Mike's comment was a little rough.
A little rough, it was completely inappropriate, rude and shameful.

After going months without a response from YoYoGames, the OP can hardly be blamed for not responding to Mike immediately.
Why does Mike, or you have any expectation of being replied to at all?

The person came to these forums, asked a question and was provided an authoritative answer. There was no longer a need for the OP to come back to see some follow up two days later? The OP had no expectation of having either of his questions answered here and the rules of the forums make it clear that these forums are not for YYGs support. So once again, why does Mike have an expectation that he come back?

The OP asked a question, was ignored for months.
The OP asked another question, was ignored for a week.
The OP created an account for the sole purpose of determining if there was a better place to get a response.
The OP was provided an answer.

Mike had no business expecting him to come back to followup on something that had been answered, and certainly had no business demeaning him and treating him as being unimportant because he didn't. Especially after being blown off for a few months already.

If Mike was going to be "a little rough" it should have been targeted internally and not at the OP.

R

Richard

@tk dd Sorry for any delays. Using your email address here I can only find two tickets, one regarding a iOS issue (29th July) and another asking how you can track the progress of the previous ticket (30th July). We replied to these on Tuesday 2nd August and are awaiting your reply.

Did you have another ticket? If so, I can't see it.

On a side note, myself and my colleague (yes there is only two of us) have done a tremendous amount of work getting the time to reply down. It is not months as the old days used to be when we were getting hit by Humble Bundle tickets, the time to reply currently is 40 hours.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Did you have another ticket? If so, I can't see it.
@Richard, according to his post, he mistakenly sent his first email using the YYG Contact page, instead of the regular helpdesk. Maybe that's why there's no ticket?

Anyway, sounds like this is resolved -- in the sense that he was steered to the helpdesk, and filed a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.