• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

No replies to bugreports?

Josepho

I have a couple of questions about the bug reporting flow.

How much time yoyotakes to reply you when you report a bug? In the automated email they tell you someone is going to contact you, but I already sent 2 bugs and noone has tell me anything

Is it possible to see the state of the bug in the roadmap? In the emails they sent you an issue number, it would be cool if doenst exists to have a way to see the state of the bug.

If i dont receive any reply or state update of the bugs it makes me be very afraid of the game maker itself for making my games :(. Am I the only person that thinks on this way?

rIKmAN

I have a couple of questions about the bug reporting flow.

How much time yoyotakes to reply you when you report a bug? In the automated email they tell you someone is going to contact you, but I already sent 2 bugs and noone has tell me anything

Is it possible to see the state of the bug in the roadmap? In the emails they sent you an issue number, it would be cool if doenst exists to have a way to see the state of the bug.

If i dont receive any reply or state update of the bugs it makes me be very afraid of the game maker itself for making my games :(. Am I the only person that thinks on this way?
You can login to the help site to see the status of any reports you have made: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us

If / when they are acknowledged and added to the bugtracker you can follow the progress of it (or any other active bug report) on Mantis here: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view_all_bug_page.php

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
How long has it been since you filed the reports? To me it's reasonable to expect a response within 5 business days, and in my experience YoYo have been meeting that expectation fairly consistently lately.

I

immortalx

All bugs I reported, I got a response at worst within a week and at best in a couple of minutes. All of them have already been solved, and YoYo stuff has been ultra polite and helpful. That seems like a good place to thank @Dan especially.

Josepho

Aah many thanks they just answered me today, its truth I suppose its within a week. Also this thing to watch your own bugs is very useful, as a suggestion I would say to yoyo to put it in a more clear way cause i was not able to find it by my own. Maybe it would be cool to open that section after you make a report?

Took me 9 months to get a grade A severity reproducable memory leak fixed. I had to fight just to get them to acknowledge it was a problem despite having the source code, video, and it was a single line. Actually, I've had to fight on a few things to get added as bugs complete with tutorials, videos and source code. Now I just don't bother anymore. I work around it.